Custom Fields for community/add page, Organizer Section

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Custom Fields for community/add page, Organizer Section

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Garrett
    Participant

Hello guys!

I’ve followed your knowledge base about adding fields to the pages for organizers, and now I want to be able to add these fields to the front end submission form, and have them populate the organizer page, and would also like to be able to add an image picker tot the new organizer dialogue in community/add.

Basically, i want to streamline adding organizers so their pages are populated properly, and all fields are completed by the person adding the organizer through the front end.

I’ve added custom fields to the organizer pages and relevant templates by using the plugin: Advanced Custom Fields, as recommended somewhere here in the knowledge base.

I’ve added two fields to the organizer page: facebook and twitter.
    These are URLs that the user can link their pages on.

I’d like to add these, as well as an image picker for the featured image on that page, and a description of the organizer, to populate that field of the page posting.

Thanks in advance, you guys are awesome!

George
    Participant

Hey Garrett,

Thanks for reaching out.

I totally understand why you might want to customize our plugins in this way, but unfortunately that sort of customization is not something we can help with.

Please read more about this here: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/what-support-is-provided-for-license-holders/

The Knowledgebase article is supposed to be a starting place for adding custom specifications for what fields are required and whatnot, but ultimately to get things working exactly how you hope, you would have to write that custom code yourself or hire a professional developer to do it for you. We have a list of great developers here → http://m.tri.be/18k1 (and have no affiliation with any of these folks—they’re simply some well-respected names in the community that we’ve compiled to share in situations like this one).

I am sorry to disappoint.

While these things are true, what I can do here is at least try and figure out how to make a featured image required. This may take me some time but I will work on this and will post any news about my progress here.

Please let me know if there are any other issues or questions I can try to help with in the meantime!

Sincerely,
    George

George
    Participant

Hello!

I was able to produce a snippet that makes the featured image required for submitting a Community Event. That snippet is this:

add_filter( 'tribe_events_community_required_fields', 'tribe_community_require_image_to_submit', 10, 1 );

function tribe_community_require_image_to_submit( $fields ) {

if ( ! is_array( $fields ) ) {
    return $fields;
    }

$fields[] = 'EventImage';

return $fields;
    }

☝️ Try adding this to your theme’s functions.php file and it should make featured images required.

You will have to take the reins on further refinement of this and/or other customizations, but I hope this helps! 😀

— George

Garrett
    Participant

Thanks for this George; however, it’s off base from what my original question was.

I don’t need to necessarily add filters to require fields that are already there, but I do need to be able to add fields to the form.

Can you please at least point me in the right direction here? It would save a lot of time if I knew where these fields are populated from, specifically the organizer fields on the /community/add page.

George
    Participant

My apologies, Garrett.

When it comes to adding custom fields altogether, especially having them add data to organizers and such, this is quite outside the scope of support we can provide here as mentioned in the article I shared with you above.

I’m totally happy to at least try and point you in the right direction, though!

What I would recommend is first getting familiar with the Themer’s Guide of ours, which you can find here: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/themers-guide/ This guide demonstrates how to make customized versions of our plugins’ template files, which is essentially what you’re doing when making custom versions of the Community Events form.

You’ll specifically want to use apply the Themer’s Guide methods to the files within this folder within Community Events:

the-events-calendar-community-events/src/views/

↑ The files here, especially edit-event.php, are what render the form elements.

I would recommend reading those files to get a good sense of how things work, then take these elements and tinker with adding custom ones of your own.

Best of luck with your customizing!
    George

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Custom Fields for community/add page, Organizer Section’ is closed to new replies.