Custom Event Types

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Custom Event Types

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Brent Kozlowski
    Participant

Hello,

I need to create a custom event type that is a hybrid of the single day and recurring event type. Is there a way to do this?

Here’s my scenario:
    We have events that are recurring, but only need to be displayed on the calendar until the registration date has ended similar to a class.

Women’s Circle (San Diego)
    Starts: March 7, 2016
    Ends: June 7, 2016
    Meets: Every Monday @6:30pm – 9pm
    Cost: $270

Ideally, I would love to just prevent event calendars from creating the recurring events, but we also have events that occur regular that we want to create future events for.

Thanks!

Brent Kozlowski
    Participant

It would also be great if we had an option to disable “Recurring Events (See all)” from displaying in calendar & single event views from within the event on an individual basis.

Nico

Hi @bkozlowski,

Thanks for reaching out to us on this! I’ll help you out…

I need to create a custom event type that is a hybrid of the single day and recurring event type. Is there a way to do this?

Unfortunately there’s no way of doing so 🙁

We have events that are recurring, but only need to be displayed on the calendar until the registration date has ended similar to a class.

Once the registration has passed you can edit the event and check the option ‘Hide from Events Listings’ (https://cloudup.com/cojV5poPcIS). You can custom code some parameter or custom field to indicate the ‘registration date’ and edit the events listings templates adding a check for this value (if registration date has passed then don’t show the event).

It would also be great if we had an option to disable “Recurring Events (See all)” from displaying in calendar & single event views from within the event on an individual basis.

I guess this can also be achieved by adding a custom field (or Tag or Event Category) and then editing the templates to check for this value. Please review our themer’s guide to see how our template override system works.

Please let me know if this answers your question,
    Best,
    Nico

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Custom Event Types’ is closed to new replies.