Custom Event Tags (like the Event Categories) possible?

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Custom Event Tags (like the Event Categories) possible?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    wheretoplaygames
    Participant

I notice the that Event Categories are a separate entity from the normal post categories.

Since i can’t get a filter for U.S. State, but i can for Tags, is there a way that Event Tags could be separate from Post Tags so i can use the Event Tags for U.S. State and the Post Tags for tagging posts?

Barry

Hi – great question!

Definitely possible, yes. You are free to register additional taxonomies (and you might in this case create a new event-specific, non-hierarchical taxonomy and apply it to events).

This is the sort of customization that really has to be driven forward by yourself but you might find the following useful:

Out of interest, why not use the existing event categories (perhaps create a State category and add individual states as sub-categories) for this purpose?

Barry

Hi! It’s been a while so I’m going to go ahead and close this thread. If we can help with anything else, though, please don’t hesitate to create new threads as needed. Thanks!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Custom Event Tags (like the Event Categories) possible?’ is closed to new replies.