custom event attributes and filters

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions custom event attributes and filters

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    joe

Hi guys

I watched some vids and read forum posts

I am interested in the custom event attributes feature for the Pro plugin

My question is, can I use custom fields to creates front end filters ?

Cheers

joe

Julie Kuehl
    Participant

Hi joe,

If you want to dig into the code and customize it, you should be able to do what you’re asking – if I’m understanding it right. You can check out our Themer’s Guide (https://theeventscalendar.com/support/documentation/events-calendar-themers-guide/) and Documentation (http://docs.tri.be/) for more details. I think you should be able to find what you’re looking for there.

If there’s anything else I can help you with, please ask!

— Julie

joe

thanks – so the answer is no, unless I do it myself?

Julie Kuehl
    Participant

Hey joe,

MY BAD! I read that wrong. Custom Attributes are included out of the box with the PRO plugin. They are essentially custom field types that are associated with each event and displayed on the event page.

As far as front end filters go, it would take customization to use the Custom Attributes as a filter. Event our upcoming Filter Bar plugin won’t allow you to do that without customization. But once it’s out, it could make those customizations simpler.

I apologize for my earlier response. I hope I’ve cleared up the confusion here. Please let me know if there’s anything else I can help you with.

— Julie

joe

ok, thanks

Julie Kuehl
    Participant

Glad to be able to help, joe. Good luck with your project. Let us know if we can do anything else for you.

— Julie

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘custom event attributes and filters’ is closed to new replies.