Custom email notifications?

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Custom email notifications?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Lisa
    Participant

Hi! I’d like to use Events Calendar Pro and Events Tickets Pro for my client. She puts on meditation classes. Each class has multiple dates. So far so good. But she needs to be able to set custom email content for each date. It’s the same class, but the date of a given class will have different information that she’d like to go out in the customer confirmation email.

I don’t see how I would do that. Can you help?

Thanks,
    Lisa Gray

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Lisa, thanks for reaching out!

That might be possible with some customization work.

The best approach probably would be to create a template override for this file:

wp-content/plugins/event-tickets/src/views/tickets/email.php

There you would need to check for some criteria to decide what content you want to include in the email.

That could be baked in into the file or you could possibly use custom fields for the event and pull the content from there.

Please note that we are limited in supporting customizations. I can probably give you some further guidance on this, but you would need to tackle most of the coding.

If you would not take this on yourself, I can share with you a list of independent developers who could possibly help you out.

Let me know.

Cheers,
    Andras

Lisa
    Participant

Hi Andras,

Thank you! This is helpful. I’ll talk it over with my programmer and make
    a decision.

Andras
    Keymaster

Sure thing Lisa.

I will leave this thread open for now so you can come back to me in case you have any further questions.

Cheers,
    Andras

Kendall Walker
    Participant

If we alter this file: wp-content/plugins/event-tickets/src/views/tickets/email.php is it overidden when plugin updates are applied?

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Kendall,

Thanks for your question!

Yes, indeed, with a plugin update your changes will disappear.

However, you can override this template in your own theme by creating a file at:

wp-content/themes/[your-theme]/tribe-events/tickets/email.php

There the override will not be touched when updating the plugins.

Here is more info on template overrides.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
    Andras

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Custom email notifications?’ is closed to new replies.