custom email message for registration

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events custom email message for registration

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    designagency
    Participant

is it possible to add a custom message to the email confirmation a new user receives once they’ve registered to add an event?

Barry

Hi!

I imagine that is indeed possible. Just to be clear though, do you mean the regular WordPress user confirmation email?

designagency
    Participant

hi barry,

yes! i do mean the regular WP user confirmation email.

thanks~

Barry

OK – thanks for confirming!

I believe the email in question is actually generated by a pluggable WordPress function – wp_new_user_notification() – and because it is pluggable you can write your own replacement that generates a more tailored email.

Unfortunately, though I could certainly be mistaken, I don’t see any filter hooks (other than perhaps the wp_mail hook) that would make it readily achievable to change things without that step, though perhaps you can find a suitable plugin to save you some work?

In any case, this really boils down to customizing and adapting core WordPress functionality rather than anything directly managed by our own plugins – so I hope the above gets you on track or at least gives you a few ideas you can explore, but it would probably be best to take any further questions to the wordpress.org forums.

With that in mind I will go ahead and close this thread, but I do wish you luck and thanks again for posting 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘custom email message for registration’ is closed to new replies.