Custom Dropdown Field with Links

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Custom Dropdown Field with Links

• This topic has 3 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 7 years ago by Roberto.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Roberto
    Participant

Hi there,
    I’m trying to add a new field called “Conductor” or “Presenter” and I want it to pull from a specific list that point to specific URLs. We have a directory that has all of the “Presenters” and we would like to connect our directory to a drop-down. We were able to make a List of names, but they are not clickable and don’t link to the specified profiles of those users.
    Any ideas how this can be accomplished. In essence, it should behave much like the Organizer field, but just pointing to other URL. I tried going to the single-event.php and noticed that I will most-likely have to build a “tribe_get_presenter()” function somewhere. I just don’t know where to begin to mimic the Organizer drop-down, but instead of linking it to the Event Calendar’s directory, I want to link it to our own directory/ specific Presenter from that directory.

Geoff

Hey Roberto,

Thanks for getting in touch!

That’s a really cool idea! I think the best way to get started with a customization like that is to look into connecting other post types to the Events post type.

We actually have a guide on how to do this:
    https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/abstract-post-types/

The idea is that you can create a new post type and register it to your theme, then connect it to Events so that you can have a new way to create Speakers, Presenters or any other post type to events just like Organizers and Venues.

Will that help get the ball rolling for you? Please let us know. 🙂

Thanks,
    Geoff

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Custom Dropdown Field with Links’ is closed to new replies.