Custom date showing @ between date and time.

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Custom date showing @ between date and time.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    jolaurin
    Participant

Hi,

I have an issue with date format in FRENCH.
    The date is showing like this : Le Mercredi 19 février 2014 @ 17h00 – 20h00

I would like to put “à” instead of the @ before the time of the event. My wordpress language is set to be in french, and @ is replace with à in my french.po file.

Thanks,
    Jonatahn

Leah

Hello Jonathan,

Thanks for posting! Changing the @ sign is actually done with a template override, not by editing the translation files.

If you aren’t familiar with template overrides, you’ll want to read through our guide. Then you can add the following snippet to your theme’s functions.php file:

add_filter('tribe_events_event_schedule_details_formatting', 'customize_schedule_string');

function customize_schedule_string(array $format) {
    $format['datetime_separator'] = ' à ';
    return $format;
    }

That will change the @ signs into à. Let me know if you have trouble and I’d be happy to help out.

Best,

Leah

pheck
    Participant

@Leah: Thanks for this tip – helped me for the separator but also for the display of the Date format adding the line

$format[‘same_year_format’] = ‘j. F’;

below the other format line to change the date display to German style.

jolaurin
    Participant

Yes, I managed to find that myself but thank anyway, that was a quick answer!
    This is a great plugin you have there.

Leah

Thanks folks! If you have a minute or two, we would love it if you left us a review here. Thank you for your support!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Custom date showing @ between date and time.’ is closed to new replies.