Custom CSS or Advanced Template Settings

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Custom CSS or Advanced Template Settings

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Andrew
    Participant

To customize styling, it is documented that a custom stylesheet should be created in the tribe-events/ directory of your theme. This method has worked nicely for me. But has anyone used Advanced Template Settings to achieve customized styling? Using its “Add HTML before” box would seem to be a much simpler method than editing custom css.

Barry

I’m not personally familiar with that plugin, but we can certainly leave this open to see if anyone else can help. Do note also that The Events Calendar has its own Add HTML Before field in the settings screens.

Andrew
    Participant

The Add HTML Before/After fields fall under Advanced Template Settings at the Events Calendar Display settings tab. I was wondering if someone could provide guidance on when and how to use these fields.

Barry

Ah, I see! Apologies for the misunderstanding.

Well these are basically fields that allow you to add text (HTML, including images etc) before and after the display of event pages. It’s basically up to you what you might put in there – some people might like to add a phone number for a ticket hotline, others a disclaimer, others still some extra markup to help event pages gel nicely with their theme – however it is probably not an ideal location for custom CSS and we’d recommend the steps described in the Themer’s Guide for that:

https://tri.be/support/documentation/events-calendar-themers-guide/

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Custom CSS or Advanced Template Settings’ is closed to new replies.