Custom CSS in Community Events

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Custom CSS in Community Events

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    robpoole
    Participant

I found this page https://theeventscalendar.com/adding-custom-css-to-your-community-events-pages/

I think understand what to do but I am confused as to where I add the function you mention in the instructions. Do I paste the php code in the tribe-community-events.php file? the functions.php file?

I am not a developer but understand a bit of code. I have the CSS I want to add to the Community Events already written

#EventStartDate {
    width: 20%;
    font: 13px/18px Arial,Helvetica,’Nimbus Sans L’,sans-serif;
    }

#EventEndDate {
    }

#EventStartHour {
    }

#EventEndHour {
    }

#EventStartMinute {
    }

#EventEndMinute {
    }

#EventStartMeridian {
    }

#EventEndMeridian {
    }

But I just need to know where to past the PHP code you mention in these instructions: https://theeventscalendar.com/adding-custom-css-to-your-community-events-pages/

Please advise.

Casey
    Participant

Rob,
    Sorry to hear you’re having trouble here, but hopefully I can help. You’re right! The tutorial doesn’t even reference where to put the code, so I’ll definitely fix that. In order to get this working, you’ll just need to paste that snippet from the tutorial into your theme’s functions.php file and then add your CSS to the appropriate spot.

Give that a try and let me know if it does the trick. Thanks! 🙂

-Casey-

robpoole
    Participant

Thanks! I will try this. It really helps if you indicate where to put code like that. Seems a lot of tutorials aren’t clear about that. I’m no developer but I can copy/paste code like a pro, I just need to know where to place the code. 🙂

Casey
    Participant

robpoole,
    I definitely agree! Not sure why we didn’t include that in the original tutorial, but I’ve updated it now to be a little clearer. Thanks for catching that and letting us know. Did that do the trick for you?

Just let me know if you have further questions, or if I should go ahead and close out this thread. Thanks! 🙂

-Casey-

robpoole
    Participant

Thanks! You can close this out.

Casey
    Participant

Thanks for confirming that this got you sorted. Since it looks like you’re all set, I’m going to mark this thread “Answered” and close it out.

By the way, if you have a minute or two, we would love it if you’d write a few words for us here: http://wordpress.org/support/view/plugin-reviews/the-events-calendar?filter=5

Thanks in advance. 🙂

Cheers,
    Casey

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Custom CSS in Community Events’ is closed to new replies.