"Currently Unable to Handle This Request"

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator "Currently Unable to Handle This Request"

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Emmett
    Participant

Hi,

Just purchased the aggregator bundle and I am seeing the following issue:

1. I can add events without issue
    2. As soon as I try to edit an event, once I hit “Update”, I get the following message:

This page isn’t working

www.***.ca is currently unable to handle this request.
    HTTP ERROR 500

3. It seems to commit the changes but then takes me to “Posts” menu when I refresh the page from the error
    ***EDIT*** Does not commit changes to time / location etc, only to main body text

I’m looking to move a bunch of events over to this test site and then to a live site tomorrow for a client so seeing an error like this makes me a little nervous about the product… I definitely don’t want them experiencing that error when they are editing events themselves.

Any help would be appreciated.

Example:

http://www.larchdigital.ca/castlegar/event/kootenay-country-music-festival/

• This topic was modified 6 years, 9 months ago by Emmett. Reason: Corrected something
    Emmett
    Participant

So it looks like the error is somehow caused by a conflict with the plugins

Simple Directory
    Simple Directory Pro

Which also use:

Piklist

When I turn off those plugins, the error seems to go away.

Is there a way that I can resolve this issue without ditching those plugins??

Thanks!

Emmett
    Participant

This appears to be the source of the issue:

Catchable fatal error: Argument 1 passed to Tribe__Events__Pro__Recurrence__Series_Rules_Factory::build_from() must be of the type array, string given, called in /home/meetthes/public_html/larchdigital.ca/castlegar/wp-content/plugins/events-calendar-pro/src/Tribe/Recurrence/Meta.php on line 1056 and defined in /home/meetthes/public_html/larchdigital.ca/castlegar/wp-content/plugins/events-calendar-pro/src/Tribe/Recurrence/Series_Rules_Factory.php on line 32

Emmett
    Participant

So I have turned off “Pro” and that seems to be making that issue go away – but ideally I would like to use the Pro features… Any help is appreciated – thanks!

Barry

Hi Emmett,

I’m sorry to hear you’ve hit up against some difficulties here.

Just to be absolutely clear – the specific catchable fatal error you noted only occurs when Simple Directory and Simple Directory Pro are enabled (alongside Events Calendar PRO)?

Do you happen to know if Simple Directory Pro is required to trigger this issue, or can it be replicated with Simple Directory alone?

Thanks!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘"Currently Unable to Handle This Request"’ is closed to new replies.