Current Category

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Current Category

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Maurice

I’ve been looking through the documentation and I can’t seem to find anything that allows you to display the name of the current category for a calendar view.
    For example, if I’m at http://localhost/events/category/mycatname , how can the category name ‘mycatname’ be retrieved?

Rob

Hi Maurice. Thanks for the note here, and my apologies for taking a few days to get you a response on this end. Are you saying you just want the category name added to the breadcrumb navigation…or something more? When viewing a specific category loop on the frontend, the name of the category itself should already be in place…

Let me know…if you can clarify that point, I’ll do what I can to get you the appropriate response. Cheers and thanks for your patience so far.

Maurice

Hi Rob. I’d like to display the current category as part of a page title. That part about viewing “a specific category loop” is what I guess I need help understanding. I’ve found information on showing events in the post main loop. I’ve also found information on showing all categories. But, I can’t find anything that shows how to identify the current category on a calendar view page.

Rob

Maurice: do you just mean getting the breadcrumb nav in there, so you see something like: Site Title –> Calendar of Events –> (Category name) atop the page?

Maurice

I’d just like to get the category name to use as a page title.

Maurice

The answer
    get_event_taxonomy();
    $eventCat = get_term_by( ‘slug’, get_query_var(‘term’), $tribeEvents->get_event_taxonomy() );
    $eventCatName = $eventCat->name;
    ?>

eventCat= stdClass Object
    (
    [term_id] => 9
    [name] => Education
    [slug] => education
    [term_group] => 0
    [term_taxonomy_id] => 20
    [taxonomy] => tribe_events_cat
    [description] =>
    [parent] => 0
    [count] => 2
    )

Maurice

It looks like the opening <php didn’t come through in that last post.

Leah

Thanks for posting the code Maurice! I’ll bet another user will find that helpful.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Current Category’ is closed to new replies.