Currency Symbol not showing for events with woocommerce tickets available

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Currency Symbol not showing for events with woocommerce tickets available

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Matthew
    Participant

Hi,

I’m having a similar issue to this: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/currency-symbol-not-showing/

I’ve tried adding the code snippet in that thread but unfortunately that didn’t work. Basically, any event with woocommerce tickets is not pulling the default woocommerce currency and displaying the symbol (£) in the event list view or single event view at the top (although it displays correctly in the ‘tickets’ section of the single event view).

Can you help me with this?

Thanks in advance,
    Mat

Matthew
    Participant

OK,

I’ve found something out as I continued to search the forums for an answer, in this thread:
    https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/the-event-calendar-pro-woocommerce-tickets-thoughts-from-the-field/

“4. AUTOMATICALLY PULL EVENT PRICE(S) FROM TICKET ENTRIES
    The Event Calendar has a field entry for ticket prices, which is fine if the client is not using an additional ticketing plugin. But if they are, then it should automatically pull the ticketing costs from the attached tickets to fill out this field. Why do this separately? Because we still would like to post the cost in widgets and other fields, and we can not access the ticket fields to do this”

I found a snippet in another thread to allow me to see the cost field again (which works nicely). So now I can just enter the same value in the cost field that is in the woocommerce ticket price field. I have to do each one manually though. Is there a way to automatically pull the ticket cost from woocommerce? So that it can be drilled down by the filter bar…

Thanks,
    Mat

Barry

Hi Mat,

Just trying to get a firm handle on the problem here as I think you may be hitting something subtly different from what Prydonian reported in the first topic you referenced.

If you create a new product and add a ticket, is the price failing to show complete with currency symbol on the single event page (and have you defined a currency symbol in Events → Settings → General)?

Also, are you finding this mostly impacts pre-existing events rather than new ones, or anything else of that order?

Thanks for your patience while we look into this 🙂

Matthew
    Participant

Hi Barry,

Yes, it is a bit different from Prydonian as you said. But the issue is not quite what you described either (just to clarify I’m talking about working with new events). Basically, if you add an event with a woocommerce ticket the ‘cost’ does not show in the event list view and users are not able to narrow down the results using the cost filter.

To me, it seems that the problem is ‘cost’ and ‘ticket price’ are two separate things. So when you add an event with woocommerce tickets, there is no ‘cost’.

Mike describes the problem exactly in the quote I posted above. I’d like to know if there is an automatic way to have the woocommerce ticket price pulled into the cost field.

Thanks,

Mat

Barry

Mat,

I feel like I’m not quite following.

The title of this topic related specifically to the currency symbol and that fact that this wasn’t pulled in, but in your last reply you seem to be discussing an issue where – after creating a new event, complete with a ticket – the cost does not show in list view.

These sound like different problems to me and actually, I’m not sure I can replicate what you just described: if I create a new event complete with a ticket, then the cost is consequently displayed within list view – it is also filterable (via Filter Bar – though that doesn’t seem to be active on your site right now?).

Can you clarify the scope of the current problem?

Matthew
    Participant

Hi Barry,

Sorry for confusing you. Basically it does work as you said. I think I was having an issue with some events because I had imported them with CSV with a cost field value and then added the woocommerce plugin and added tickets.

I’ve used the little bit of code to allow me to add the currency symbol and that is working fine.

Sorry again for the mix up, you can mark this thread as closed if you like now.

Thanks for you help,
    Mat

Barry

No problem, glad it’s all sorted (and feel free to create new topics as needed if you do need further input on this or any other issues that might arise) 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Currency Symbol not showing for events with woocommerce tickets available’ is closed to new replies.