Currency Symbol for Community Submitted Events

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Currency Symbol for Community Submitted Events

• This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Annie Tandy.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Annie Tandy
    Participant

Can I hide the Currency Symbol blank in the Community submitted events? More often than not, community members are entering the cost in both the Currency Symbol and Cost spots, causing the cost to look like $20$20, for example. I’m not sure why people aren’t getting it, but it’s always different people doing it, so it’s not an education thing. Our currency symbol is always $, so I don’t want to even let them see that choice.

Thanks!

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Annie!

Thanks for getting in touch! 🙂

Let me try and help you with that.

If you want to hide the currency symbol from the community add form, you could comment that code by doing a template override of the cost.php template located in wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar-community-events/src/views/community/modules/cost.php

You should try commenting out the code from line 45 to 67.

There is a great article that explains how to do a template override so you don’t loose the changes after a plugin update > https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/themers-guide/

I hope that helps and let me know if you have any questions.

Best!

Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Currency Symbol for Community Submitted Events’ is closed to new replies.