Currency symbol displays wrong symbol

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Currency symbol displays wrong symbol

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

The currency symbol of the price of community events shows up in the frontend as ‘$’ instead of ‘€’. It disregards the settings in the backend. I could see a few different private threads regarding the same topic, so I guess it’s not a new problem?

Many thanks for your reaction!

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hello,

I’m sorry that you’re running into this issue, but I’ll be happy to help you figure out what’s going on!

Are you using Tribe Commerce to sell tickets? Either way, can you navigate to Events > Settings > Tickets, enable Tribe Commerce if you aren’t already using it, set the default currency there to euros, save, and then disable it if you aren’t using it? Then check to see if the currency has changed on the front end.

Let me know what you find!

Thanks,

Jennifer

Participant

This works, even though I don’t even use Tribe Commerce!
    Many thanks 🙂

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Great, I’m glad things are working again! You shouldn’t need to do these steps for the currency symbol to work – this is something that we have logged in our system for our developers to take a look at. I linked this thread to our internal ticket, so as soon as there is an update, we’ll let you know here. If you have any questions in the meantime, please let me know!

Thanks,

Jennifer

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi There!

Just wanted to share with you that a new release of our plugins is out, including a fix for this issue 🙂

Find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-for-the-week-of-9-september-2018/

We apologize for the delay and appreciate your patience while we worked on this.

As always, we suggest to setup a dev/staging site so you can make all plugin updates without disrupting the live site.

Please update the plugins and let us know if the fix works for your site.

Regards,
    Sky

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Currency symbol displays wrong symbol’ is closed to new replies.