Currency sign now allways on the back of the price

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Currency sign now allways on the back of the price

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Hans
    Participant

Hi,

I’m running the latest versions of the event plugins and noticed today that the currency sign was on the end of the price in stead of the beginning. My website is in the Dutch language and uses Euro’s which normally shows with the currency sign on the left of the amount. I have tried changing and saving the setting (says that default the sign is put to the left), but it doesn’t respond to changing and saving the settings, and I have allready tried disabling all plugins and changing themes to the default wp theme. It doesn’t help. It seems to be an recent error in the free The Events Calendar plugin, but I let you decide that. Hope it get’s solved soon.

Thanks.

Hans

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Hans!

Thanks for taking your time to report this.

Unfortunately, this is an issue we are already aware of and the team will address it in a future maintenance release of our plugins.

I will set this thread’s status to “Pending fix” and link it to the report so we can let you know as soon as a bugfix is released.

In the meantime, we have a workaround that will force the currency symbol to always be before the price. You should place the following code snippet into your theme’s functions.php file:

add_filter( 'tribe_reverse_currency_position', function(){ return null; } );

Let us know if the snippet works for you.

I apologise for the inconvenience and we’d appreciate your patience.

Best,
    Victor

Hans
    Participant

Hi Victor,

Thank you for the workaround. It did the job.

Cheers, Hans

ps. My log shows a recurring PHP warning about line 326 of wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/common/src/Tribe/Meta/Chunker.php (“strpos() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given”). Is that of interest to you too? It doesn’t seem to break anything.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Hans!

Glad to know that works for you. We’ll let you know once this bug is fixed.

Thanks for reporting the warning message. I’ll make sure to pass this along to the dev team so they can have a look at it and see if it needs to be addressed.

Best,
    Victor

Victor
    Keymaster

Hello Hans!

Just wanted to share with you that a new maintenance release (for the Week of 16 October 2017) is out, including a fix for this issue 🙂

Find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-for-the-week-of-16-october-2017/

Please update the plugins and let us know if the fix works for your site.

Regarding the log message you are getting, like you say it shouldn’t affect anything in your site as it’s only a Warning. Still, I have logged a report for this so it can be taken into account in a future maintenance release of our plugins.

We’ll also notify you once we ship a fix for it.

Best,
    Victor

Hans
    Participant

Hey Victor,

Thanks for the follow-up. I’ve removed the workaround and the signs are still on the left side, so this issue is indeed fixed.

I do notice a difference now in the that in the ticket area there is a space between the sign and the value and not everywhere else, but that is not that important. The ticket area also shows decimals and the others not, so it seems to be separate from each other.

Thanks again and keep on doing the good work.

Cheers,

Hans

Victor
    Keymaster

Hey Hans!

Thank you for the kind words! 🙂

I’m glad to know it’s now working fine for your site. Thanks for following up to let us know about it.

Regarding the space and decimals issue, could you please share a link with us to where we can see that issue? I will have a closer inspection to see if it’s something we should also address.

Let us know about it.

Best,
    Victor

Hans
    Participant

Hi Victor,

it’s probably nothing to fix, just a small difference in presentation that I noticed. I use Event Tickets Plus combined with WooCommerce and the event price in the ticket has a span around the currency sign and some css, resulting in more whitespace between the sign and the value. The other prices don’t have that span. The extra whitespace does make it seem a bit more relaxed and gives some extra control for who wants it.

You can see it here, if you like, but your test-system will show it too in an event with woocommmerce tickets. I haven’t made changes to the event css.

Cheers,

Hans

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Hans!

Thanks for clearing that out!

What I see is there is an non-breaking space before the price ( ), which causes the spacing. This is not something our plugins add and might probably be something added by your theme.

Like you say, it’s just a small difference but you could switch to a default theme and see if it still shows.

Let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Best,
    Victor

Hans
    Participant

Hi Victor,

thanks for looking into it. I cant find the non-breaking space you’re talking about, but know the price in buy-tickets is different from the rest because it has WooCommerce classes and an extra span around the currency sign. I quess Event Ticket Plus uses WooCommerce to build that price while the others are build by TEC itself. If I want it to change, I can use some css to do it. Different theme’s had allready given the same result, otherwise I wouldn’t have mentioned it at all. At this moment I’m using Studiopress Digital Pro child-theme for the Genesis framework.

I’m good for now, thanks.

Have a nice day!

Hans

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Hans!

Thanks for your insight on this matter!

I’ll close this now, but feel free to open a new topic if anything comes up and we’d be happy to help.

Have a good one you too!
    Victor

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Currency sign now allways on the back of the price’ is closed to new replies.