Help Desk

cURL error 61: Unrecognized content encoding type. libcurl understands deflate,

The update process is starting. This process may take a while on some hosts, so please be patient.

Enabling Maintenance mode…
    Updating Plugin The Events Calendar (1/2)

The Events Calendar updated successfully.
    Updating Plugin The Events Calendar PRO (2/2)

Downloading update from https://pue.tri.be/api/plugins/v2/download?plugin=events-calendar-pro&version=4.4.20&installed_version=4.4.19&domain=firstlutherangalveston.com&multisite=0&network_activated=0&active_sites=1&wp_version=4.9.1&key=c3ada130dcc06921b7f6a82ba29480d6da0241c6&dk=c3ada130dcc06921b7f6a82ba29480d6da0241c6&o=m…

An error occurred while updating The Events Calendar PRO: Download failed. cURL error 61: Unrecognized content encoding type. libcurl understands deflate, gzip content encodings.

Disabling Maintenance mode…

All updates have been completed.

“Report the same issue and get support” creates a new topic, so I’m not doing that; just replying here that I can’t update, either. This seems to happen every so often with your updates. One more aggravation that makes me glad when I can move clients to an alternative.

Hi Derrill,

Thanks for email support and sorry you are having issues with the update. Not sure why you would get a curl error. Something must have timed out during the retrieval process. Can you try updating it manually through ftp? Just remove the current copy on your server and upload a version from your My Account > Downloads page.

Let me know how that goes.

Thanks,
    Brendan

I was able to rename my folder and then upload the latest Pro version from your website and this fixed my issue. Thank you for your response!

Hi Derrill,

Glad it work. I see this happening with a few other customers as well so we will look into it further. I am glad we confirmed this a viable workaround.

Thanks,
    Brendan

This reply has been marked as private.
    This reply has been marked as private.

Reporting this same issue on multiple sites I manage.

Hi There,

Yeah it looks like a known bug in the works to fix. Same process or you can hold off on updating until next release.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks,
    Brendan

Reporting the same issue with event calendar pro and event tickets plus:

Event Tickets Plus: Download failed. cURL error 61: Unrecognized content encoding type. libcurl understands deflate, gzip content encodings.
    The Events Calendar PRO: Download failed. cURL error 61: Unrecognized content encoding type. libcurl understands deflate, gzip content encodings.

Hi there,

Wanted to report that I experienced the same issue when attempting to automatically install the latest Pro update. I renamed our Pro plugin folder and manually installed the update via FTP. So far, this seems to have worked.

Same here. Still. Been this way for a couple of versions now.

I just attempted to auto-install the latest Events Calendar Pro update and received the same error again.

Hey Maddie, thanks for chiming in!

You’re totally welcome to follow along as I help troubleshoot this issue with [@username]. In fact, you can subscribe to receive an email when there are updates to this thread. If you’d like direct support, however, it would be awesome if you could open a new thread. We find it’s much easier to address one reported issue at a time in a thread and that sometimes seemingly similar issues wind up being something completely different.

Thanks so much!

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

The topic ‘cURL error 61: Unrecognized content encoding type. libcurl understands deflate,’ is closed to new replies.