CSV Imports Not Mapping Correctly

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator CSV Imports Not Mapping Correctly

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Francoise Sullivan
    Participant

I have not been able to import files correctly since starting to use Aggregator. Everything worked fine with the old importer. My issues are –

1) Times – in mapping preview times are showing up as undefined:ED
    2) Field Mapping – categories, event organizer, etc. are not mapping correctly

I have attached the CSV file I have been trying to upload.

Brook
    Participant

Howdy flaws72,

It would be my pleasure to assist with this.

Thank you for sharing the CSV you are importing. I was noticing how it does not have an end time colum. I bet this could be related. What are you using to specify the end time for these events?

Cheers!

– Brook

Francoise Sullivan
    Participant

Adding the end time seems to have fixed the error in the preview but the data is still not mapping correctly when I upload the file. Revised CSV file attached.

Brook
    Participant

Thank you for getting back with a revised one!

I am glad that helped get past your first issue. I just tried your new CSV and was able to import it succesfully, with the organizer and categories mapped properly. Here is what I did

• First I created one of your organizers. As you probably are well aware the organizer must first exist on your website in the Organizers list, before you run an events import. So I created an organizer with the name “Historical Society of Kent County”, that way all the events in your CSV with that contact name would get mapped to this organizer.
    • Mapped the “contact” column in your CSV was associated with the “Event Organizer Name(s) or ID(s)” field.
    • Mapped “category” csv column was associated with the “Event Category” field.
    • In the “Category:” dropdown on the preview page I selected “No Additional Categories”.

When I ran the import, I saw that all events with the contact of “Historical Society of Kent County” were properly associated with that organizer. And two new even categories were created and associated with all 13 events: Arts & Entertainment, and Imported.

Would you mind retrying the import using the steps I followed? Are you able to get it to import succesfully?

Cheers!

– Brook

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘CSV Imports Not Mapping Correctly’ is closed to new replies.