Csv importing events and tickets

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Csv importing events and tickets

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Ilkka
    Participant

Hi,

I would like to know is there some limitations on amount of events and tickets when importing them from csv files or recommendations. Sometimes my results are strange, might be skipping something and so on. Then i try it again with the same file and everything goes ok?

Just wondering as i have maybe 100 events and 400 tickets associated with the events and i am trying to import all these in. Is this too much or should the csv importer be able to handle this amount of events and tickets?

thanks

Geoff B.

Good afternoon Ilkka and welcome back!

This is a great question.
    The short answer is that the only limitation is what your server is able to handle.

In other words, the ability of performing queries successfully will depend on:

1. The type of hosting plan you have (shared vs VPS vs dedicated)
    2. Your server settings and features(php version, Database size, execution time, memory limits, etc..)
    3. The amount of traffic on your server at the time of the import

So the short answer is that normally these numbers should be fine provided your server can handle it.

With that in mind, you absolutely have the right idea. If it looks like the import results are fishy, you might want to break the import down in several smaller imports.

Best regards,

Geoff B.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Csv importing events and tickets’ is closed to new replies.