CSV-Import: No classification possible

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO CSV-Import: No classification possible

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Marcus
    Participant

Hello!

On the Site https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/importing-data-from-a-csv-file/ you show under Step 5

On the page https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/importing-data-from-a-csv-file/, you show in Step 5 how the mapping works when importing a CSV file.

For me the corresponding screen but quite different.

I have disabled all plugins, except the events plugins, no change

Andras
    Keymaster

GrĂ¼ss dich Marcus,

Thanks for reaching out!

Could you share with me the CSV file that you are trying to import? I would like to test this.

I ran a quick test with one of my sample CSV files and all worked well, so there might be something in your that gives this error.

Thanks,
    Andras

Marcus
    Participant

This reply is private.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello Marcus,

I checked and tested your file. Indeed it produces the error you submitted. That comes from the formatting of the file.

I’m not sure how you are generating the file, but if you can, then try a different setting.

This is what worked for me with your file:

• open a blank excel sheet
    • choose Data > Text to insert data from the csv file to the sheet
    • it recognized it with the “;” delimiter and having a 1252 Western European encoding (likely ANSI)
    • I did a Save as > CSV UTF-8 (so a comma delimited file using comma (not semi-colon) and utf-8 encoding
    • upload to WP and run the import

Like that it worked well.

Try and let me know how you manage.

Cheers,
    Andras

Andras
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

Marcus
    Participant

This reply is private.

Andras
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

Marcus
    Participant

This reply is private.

Andras
    Keymaster

I have checked the current versions on my local install and all is properly translated without and language overrides in the wp-content/languages/plugins folder.

So what I can think of is that you have a language override in that folder, and the files are not up-to-date. Please check.

I see you are using Loco Translate. To update the .po / .mo language files you need open them with Loco and click on the Sync button. After couple seconds you should receive a success message that the strings are updated. Then check if the missing ones are translated or not.

Does this help?

Cheers,
    Andras

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘CSV-Import: No classification possible’ is closed to new replies.