CSV Export of Attendees is mis-aligned when tickets AND RSVPs are combined

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus CSV Export of Attendees is mis-aligned when tickets AND RSVPs are combined

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    barback
    Participant

We allow users to purchase tickets OR just make a reservation – to be paid at the door.

The status column of the RSVP rows are blank but when exported, the column is absent, so names and following columns slide over — creating a spreadsheet that is less than useful.

screenshot:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/125190606@N08/shares/78o94i

Where do I need to tweak the code so that RSVP rows will include a status or other placeholder to maintain the column?

Geoff B.

Good morning Barbara and welcome back!

Thank you for your question and we’ll be glad to help you out.

But first things first, could you tell me what tool or method you are using to create the CSV export ?

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Have a wonderful day!

Geoff B.

barback
    Participant

I’m using latest The Events Calendar, with Events Tickets Plus and WooCommerce, offering both paid tickets and RSVP option.

I view the attendees list and click Export — the csv opens in Excel ( Excel for Mac 2011 14.3.6 )

I get the same results if I save the CSV and then import it into Excel as a delimited file — with Tabs and Commas selected (default settings for delimited file).

Geoff B.

Thank you for your reply Barbara,

Your explanation is crystal clear.

As you might have guessed, the reason why the Status column does not get exported for RSVP tickets is because it simply does not exist.

If you want to modify the code, I would start by looking at the event-tickets plugin. More specifically, in the /event-tickets/src/Tribe folder.
    Depending on the approach you want to use, take a look at RSVP.php and Attendees_Table.php

As an alternative, doing the attendees export in 2 batches (one for each type of ticket) could provide you with 2 separate CSV files that could be combined in the desired format through the use of a Macro.

In any case, hopefully, this gets you started on the right track.

Is there anything else I can help you with ?

Best regards,

Geoff B.

barback
    Participant

I have tried a few things in the files you suggest, and I can get the status column to display “RSVP” in the attendees list, but when I export as CSV, nothing has changed. How is it that RSVP fields display in proper columns, but no column exists in export?

Where is that CSV export generated?

I would suggest that a status of “RSVP confirmed” would be useful for anyone wanting to export a csv list of attendees. I don’t think my request is unique to my situation — otherwise, why would you offer a csv export button?

I suggest that this is a bug to be fixed — maybe not a top priority, but something many user would benefit from, if it were fixed.

Geoff B.

Good morning Barbara,

Thank you for trying out the suggested files and I am glad you got to display the additional column.

You are absolutely right, I forgot to point you in the right direction about the CSV generating part. My apologies.

Take a look at /wp-content/plugins/event-tickets/src/Tribe/Tickets_Handler.php and do a quick search with the “csv” string to get started.

I would suggest that a status of “RSVP confirmed” would be useful for anyone wanting to export a csv list of attendees- otherwise, why would you offer a csv export button?

The CSV export button works great for a variety of scenarios where different ticket types are being offered.

Unfortunately, I agree with you that it falls short of providing a useful result when there is a combination of RSVP tickets and paid tickets on an event.

And yes, there has been several users that have suggested improvements to the attendees list CSV export.

Since you have a great suggestion, I would encourage you to add your own suggestion (and any other you might have) to our user voice website.

The more votes there are on a given suggestion, the more likely it is to get included in a future release. So please feel free to vote for other features you find interesting.

In the meantime, to get you started on your customization, I recommend reading the following thread of my colleague George.

It is a bit dated (the paths, files and functions are a bit different now), but it does provide a clear breakdown of the approach to get a customized CSV export of the attendees list.

Is there any other question I can answer for you today ?

Best regards,

Geoff B.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘CSV Export of Attendees is mis-aligned when tickets AND RSVPs are combined’ is closed to new replies.