CSV Event Import – Google Map & Featured Image

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO CSV Event Import – Google Map & Featured Image

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Todd
    Participant

Hello! I am having a problem getting three fields recognized during import and wondering if you could advise?
    The “Show Google Map:”, “Show Google Maps Link:” and “Featured Image” don’t seem to be working. For the first two, I’ve tried, “TRUE” and “1” but not working, and for the image, I’ve tried the complete path, with and without quotes. I’ve used your template as a guide and have attached what I’ve uploaded. All the other fields, including custom, seem to work fine.

Thanks for your help.

Patricia

Hey Todd,

Thank you for reaching out to us!

Unfortunately this is a known issue: the “Show Google Maps Link” and “Show Map” options are not being imported from CSV files.

But there is a workaround available: you can enable google maps by default. Please access your Dashboard and head over to Events-> settings-> Map Settings and make sure that the “Enable Google Maps” option is ticked. I realize that this is not a great workaround, but it is the only one available in your specific situation until a patch is released.

Regarding the second issue: I’ve imported the events from your CSV file and the featured images were successfully imported. The only “odd” thing is that some of your images are returning NGINX 404 errors, like:

http://tinyevents.wpengine.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/bowling1_0.jpg and http://tinyevents.wpengine.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/empirestatebldg.jpg

Let me know if this information helped you to solve the Featured image issue!

As soon as I receive your confirmation on this, I’ll set this ticket to Pending Fix and we will update it once the “Show Google Maps Link” and “Show Map” problem is solved.

Thank you for your patience and if you have any other questions, please let me know!

Regards,

Patricia

Todd
    Participant

Thanks for your help Patricia. Still having issues with image files, but I’ll mark as resolved because I will manually add the files.

Patricia

Hi Todd,

I’m sorry to know you are still having problems to associate the images to your events.

I would suggest you to:

1- Make sure that the images actually exist in the origin server;
    2- Make sure that you are selecting the correct option “Event Featured Image” while previewing the CSV file (before importing the events).

I’m setting this ticket as Pending Fix so you will be notified as soon as we have a fix for the “Show Google Maps Link” and “Show Map” import options.

Let me know if you have any other questions in the mean time and I’ll be happy to assist!

Best Regards,

Patricia

Courtney

We released an update for this issue. Can you update your plugins (preferrably on a staging site) and see if that resolves the issue.

https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-week-13-november-2017/

Thanks
    Courtney ?

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘CSV Event Import – Google Map & Featured Image’ is closed to new replies.