CSV auto mapping

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO CSV auto mapping

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Mr Rupert Cefai
    Participant

Hello,
    When importing CSV files to Events Calendar Pro, is there a way I should format the column titles so that they automatically map to the correct event fields? For instance, Event Name, Event Cost and Event Website map automatically, but Venue Name, Organiser Name, etc, do not and require manually choosing the correct event fields.
    Thanks for your help.

Jeremy
    Keymaster

Hi Rupert,

Thank you for reaching out to us! I would be happy to help you 🙂

Here you can find a CSV file example which should be automatically mapped (just replace those events with yours, and leave blank columns when necessary): test-data-events(1)

However, it is always important to double check before you import your events.

You may be interested in this page as well, which would give you more examples of CSV files (for venues, organizers, etc.).

I hope this answers your question,

Have a nice weekend,
    Jeremy

Mr Rupert Cefai
    Participant

Hi,
    Thanks for this. However, I still see “Do not import” for most of the columns, meaning I have to manually select the corresponding fields for them. I’ve updated my dev site and all its plugins, in case there’s a conflict somewhere.

Jeremy
    Keymaster

Hi Rupert,

Could you show me a screenshot when you see “Do not import”? Also, could you share with me the CSV file you are trying to import? (you can set your reply as “Private”).

Thanks in advance,
    Jeremy

Mr Rupert Cefai
    Participant

Hi,
    I’m using the test data you supplied in your previous reply.
    Thanks!

Jeremy
    Keymaster

Hi Rupert,

It’s probable that your WordPress still has in “memory” the previous import, remembering which columns should be imported and which ones shouldn’t.

Once you do an import from a CSV with the correct columns like the file I shared with you, you will notice that, from next imports on, the mapping will be automatic.

Feel free to ask if you have any further questions or concerns 😉

Cheers,
    Jeremy

Mr Rupert Cefai
    Participant

Thanks, it seems to work once I’ve imported events for the first time into those columns.

Jeremy
    Keymaster

Hi Rupert,

I’m glad your new imported events have been correctly mapped 🙂

I’m closing this thread then, but feel free to start a new one if you have further questions or concerns!

Cheers,
    Jeremy

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘CSV auto mapping’ is closed to new replies.