CSS to Remove "All Events" link not working for me

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO CSS to Remove "All Events" link not working for me

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Christine
    Participant

I attempted hiding the link with CSS as described by various discussions; however, this is not working for me. Is it because I am pasting in my theme’s Advanced CSS Customization box? Do I have to go through PHP?

Example of the unwanted “All Events” link here:

The Main Street of the Main Line

The reason I am trying to remove the “All Events” link is because I want my “main” events page to be

EVENT CALENDAR

INSTEAD of the generic. If there is a way to customize what page the All Events link goes to that would be helpful too.

Thank you.

Cliff

Hi, Christine.

Sorry you’re having this difficulty/confusion regarding this customization.

Could you please provide the code snippet you’re trying that isn’t working?

Christine
    Participant

I tried the following:
    p.tribe-events-back {
    display: none !important;
    }

.tribe-events-back {
    display: none;
    }

.dig-in {
    display: none;
    }

Cliff

Thank you.

I visited and this works just fine for me:

body.single-tribe_events p.tribe-events-back {
    display: none !important;
    }

However, this is really what you want (and doesn’t require the CSS):

https://gist.github.com/cliffordp/0142cad413df89d0b6515e17e5084041

Please let me know how this goes for you.

Christine
    Participant

Thank you. I ended up downloading Simple Custom CSS and pasting your code. For some reason my theme’s CSS option isn’t working.

Another issue:
    Why can’t I load other months?
    http://destinationardmore.com/?page_id=12188#

Courtney

Hi Christine

I am stepping in for Cliff while he attends our company retreat. He should be back in within a few days.

Could you try the solution Cliff mentioned:

https://gist.github.com/cliffordp/0142cad413df89d0b6515e17e5084041

I’m afraid the CSS code you are using may be the element limiting your ability to view other months. 🙁

Please let us know if Cliff’s solution works.

Thanks,
    Courtney 🙂

Christine
    Participant

Hello,
    I actually am a novice and don’t know how to add PHP. I attempted to download a random plugin to do so but feared I would mess things up. Do you have a recommended plugin with instructions I could try?
    Thanks.

Cliff

Hi, Christine.

Welcome to WordPress customizing!

Best practice for adding custom code (like to implement a PHP snippet to modify The Events Calendar) is to create a functionality plugin, unless it’s something specific to your theme, in which case best practice is to make sure you’re using a child theme, then add the customization to your child theme’s functions.php file.

Note: do not include the opening <?php tag from the gist.

I hope this information helps!

Christine
    Participant

Thanks for the explanation, but the “create a functionality plugin” link isn’t working for me. Can you send another?

Cliff

Sorry that link didn’t work for you. Maybe the site was down temporarily; it just worked for me.

Here’s another resource on the topic: https://theeventscalendar.com/adding-code-site-youre-not-coder/

Please let me know how this goes for you.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘CSS to Remove "All Events" link not working for me’ is closed to new replies.