CSS override not working

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO CSS override not working

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Seth
    Participant

Hi,
    I am continuing/restarting this thread fresh: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/font-in-widget-is-bigblurry-after-3-0-upgrade/#post-59296 per Barry’s request.

I have removed the CSS minifier to help locate the problem. And it seems that the problem lies in the CSS override not working. It appears that the widget is still pulling from the main CSS file located within the plugin folder, instead of the “mytheme/tribe-events/pro” folder.

I am attempting to make the following changes to the homepage widget (www.corebaby.org):

.tribe-events-adv-list-widget ol li {
    /*margin-bottom: 30px;*/ (I am keeping this so I don’t forget the original reference)
    margin-bottom: 13px;
    list-style: none;
    margin-left: -25px;
    }
    .tribe-events-adv-list-widget .duration {
    display: inline;
    /*font-weight: bold;*/
    }

Barry

Hi Seth,

Can you confirm that your stylesheet (in your theme’s tribe-events/pro directory) is indeed called tribe-events-pro.css? If for any reason that’s not working you could also try adding those rules to tribe-events.css (which should live in your theme’s tribe-events directory).

Does that help?

Seth
    Participant

Hi Barry,

The filename is “tribe-events-pro-full.css”. I do not see a “tribe-events-pro.css” in the plugins/events-calendar-pro/resources directory.

Barry

Hmm, you ought to be able to see it … is it possible some files were not uploaded / can you download a fresh copy of the plugin and reupload?

Seth
    Participant

Sure, what is the best way to do this? Deactivate + delete the current Pro plugin? Just “Add” the downloaded version as I would a normal plugin?

Barry

It’s always worth making a full and complete backup – and of course making yourself aware of how to restore that backup – first of all. But essentially, if you have FTP access, you should be able to simply ‘overwrite’ the existing plugin code (especially as in this case we’re dealing with potentially missing files).

Alternatively you could upload the fresh copy to a folder named something like ‘new-the-events-calendar’ and then once that job is complete (you could verify that the missing files are present first of all) delete the old plugin directory and rename your new one to take its place.

Andy Fragen

Hey Seth!

I think you’ve misunderstood Barry and CSS overrides. The idea is not to completely replace the core CSS as found in `tribe-events-pro-full.css` but to create an override file containing the CSS you wish to override. This folder/file structure would be as outlined in the Themer’s Guide.

{THEME}/tribe-events/pro/tribe-events-pro.css is a folder and file structure that you need to create on your server inside of your active THEME folder. If you put all your CSS overrides in the ‘tribe-events-pro.css’ file it should be automatically loaded by the plugin. You can check this by looking at the source headers for your page.

The reason for this method is that you really don’t want to replace the whole of the core CSS, you just want to override some of it. Does that explanation help any?

Barry

Indeed, if that wasn’t clear please accept my apologies (and thanks for clarifying Andy!).

Barry

Also, our Themer’s Guide is definitely worth a skim if you haven’t already taken a look: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/documentation/events-calendar-themers-guide/

Seth
    Participant

Hi Guys – Thanks for your help, got it all fixed! Even though the CSS file in the resources folder is “tribe-events-pro-full.css”, putting “tribe-events-pro.css” into the new directory worked. I also removed 99% of the override file to just include the 2 things I needed changed. Thanks again!

Barry

Excellent, glad you’re sorted 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘CSS override not working’ is closed to new replies.