CSS help with Content layout

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO CSS help with Content layout

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Sheila
    Participant

I’m admittedly weak in my CSS skills and reading Firebug. I want to change the size of the text in the descriptions. Seems it should be easy. I have setup an events folder for customizing my files. I used Firebug and found what I wanted as this:
    CODE: div class=”entry-content tribe-events-event-entry” itemprop=”description”
    Then I looked in the events.css file for anything related and can’t find it. I’m embarrassed to have to ask this…but what am I missing?! This should be so simple.

Dev page is http://amanda.hoffmangraphics.com/trainings/upcoming
    In addition to wanting to make the description match the font specs of the rest of the site I also do not understand why the event summary appears under the description but to the right with all the empty space to the left. When I look at other folks examples that is lined up side-by-side. I imagine this too is a CSS setting as my body content area is narrower due to my existing site-wide sidebar.

Thanks for your patience and indulgence in my week skills.

UPDATE: After posting this I successfully found the right entry in the CSS and have reduced the font size. I changed the width to 50% but that didn’t bring the summary up to be besides the description. So I could still use some help with that. Thanks.

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Sheila,

Those two divs, the description div and the event meta data div are side by side and normally the description div would be narrower but your theme CSS is overriding the width set on that in events.css. Here is the declaration from your theme CSS:

.block-type-content div.entry-content {
    width: 100%;
    margin: 20px 0;
    }

You can override this by using a higher CSS specificity (http://css-tricks.com/specifics-on-css-specificity/) like so:

#tribe-events-loop div.entry-content {
    width: 50%;
    }

That should point you in the right direction but let me know if you need more help with this.

– Jonah

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘CSS help with Content layout’ is closed to new replies.