CSS changes on Listview following latest update

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO CSS changes on Listview following latest update

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Nick
    Participant

I list events on the front page of http://www.ieee-ukandireland.co.uk. Having just updated to the latest version of Events Calendar I notice that the padding (or margin) at the top of the event listing has changed for newly posted events.

The 19th April event was posted after update, all the other ones before update and over the last month or so. Other than the update nothing else has changed.

Please can you advise how to fix this?

thanks

Nick

Geoff

Hey Nick and welcome back to the forums!

Sorry for the trouble here. I see you’re using the Avada theme and it does contain it’s own set of custom CSS for the calendar, so I’m willing to bet that there is a slight conflict in there.

Can you confirm what spacing changed and how it should look? I’d be happy to check it out from there!

Thanks,
    Geoff

Nick
    Participant

Geoff

If you look at the forthcoming events on the homepage you will see 5 listed. The spacing between the top of the date box (and header text) and the horizontal separator line above is the same on 4 out of 5. On the 19th April event that space is much smaller and it is this event that I added most recently – after upgrading to 4.1.1. The other 4 events were added before.

So basically I need that top padding/margin to be the same after upgrade as it was before.

Nick

Geoff

Hello Nick,

I’ve been looking for any differences in the CSS for that particular event and the others and do not see anything that would be throwing the spacing off like that.

This is the class controlling the padding for all the events listed there:

.tribe-mini-calendar-event {
    overflow: hidden;
    margin: 0;
    padding: 20px 0;
    border-bottom-width: 1px;
    border-bottom-style: solid;
    }

That event has the same class names as the other events yet appears to not respect that padding.

You could add this to your theme’s style.css file to remove the padding altogether for all the events so that they are consistent:

.tribe-mini-calendar-event {
    overflow: hidden;
    margin: 0;
    padding: 0 !important;
    border-bottom-width: 1px;
    border-bottom-style: solid;
    }

Otherwise, I would suggest reaching out to the Theme Fusion team for additional assistance since they would have a better idea of what might be controlling the custom styles that came with the theme.

Sorry I don’t have a more concrete solution for you, but I do hope this at least gets the ball rolling in the right direction!

Thanks,
    Geoff

Nick
    Participant

Geoff

Just as a follow up – The padding on subsequent entries has been as it was originally – and that’s without making any changes to the css at all. Interestingly the entry which had the smaller padding still shows with smaller padding – so I don’t really understand how this is happening. However this particular event will pass in a few days so I’m just going to let run out as it is.

Nick

Geoff

Right on, that sounds great–thanks for following up and letting me know!

Have a great day and weekend. 🙂

Geoff

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘CSS changes on Listview following latest update’ is closed to new replies.