Creating tickets in Bulk

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Creating tickets in Bulk

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Lucion
    Participant

I have a site with over 500 events. The vast majority of these events were submitted using the Community Events plugin, and I defined a custom field where I had the submitter specify the maximum and minimum ticket amounts.

I’d like to take that data and now create tickets for each of those events using that maximum seat number. I know where to find the value of the custom field for the community events, I just need to know what records need to be created in what tables so that I can transfer that over to available tickets.

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks for using our plugins.

Unfortunately, we do not have a bulk ticket creation feature and I am not able to support customizations per our terms and conditions.

We have the Community Tickets plugin that enables people to submit events with tickets.

Otherwise I do not have much else to provide on this.

The tickets are WooCommerce Products (if that is your eCommerce) and they have some additional custom fields that ties them to the Event. ( _tribe_wootickets_for_event )

The event with tickets also has some extra custom fields. So all those fields would have to be created.

If you think that is something you would like as a feature I encourage you to visit our User Voice Page and either upvote an existing request or make a new request there.

http://tribe.uservoice.com/

Lucion
    Participant

I can attempt to create a script of my own, but I need to know the following:

• Is there a method by which I can create tickets for an event programmatically? i.e. instantiate some sort of TribeTicket object and, say, call ->createTickets(7) ?
    • Is there a meta value of an event that tells me it currently has tickets assigned to it? (that way I could query an event, initially, and determine if it already has tickets assigned to it).
    Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

I am not able to provide all the details on how the plugins work, but can try to help you get started.

For the WooCommerce Tickets, the Product generated that is a ticket has this custom field that stores the event id:

_tribe_wooticket_for_event

The Event itself does not store any data for the ticket.

The method that creates the ticket is found here:

plugins/event-tickets-plus/src/Tribe/Commerce/WooCommerce/Main.php

Starting on line 416.

It uses the wp_insert_post function from WordPress to initially create the ticket.

That is about all I can provide on a customization.

Cheers

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Creating tickets in Bulk’ is closed to new replies.