creating pages with calendar content + dynamic category

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions creating pages with calendar content + dynamic category

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Carl

Hi
    I’m about to get your plugin to use with [tribe_events view=”photo”] on our front page
    But I havn’t worked with events before so I have a few questions.
    1. can the system change the category of a event based on the date?
    Future Exhibition, Current Exhibition, Past exhibition
    And if so
    2. Have a page list past events like this or similar.
    http://www.gallerihantverket.se/wp1/galleriet/tidigare-utstallningar/
    3. have a page that list events during a specified interval say 20180101 – 20181231 (or six months past and into the future)
    http://www.gallerihantverket.se/wp1/galleriet/kalendarium/
    4. I tested the Widget and it does not display on going events. Our exhibitions usually run for three weeks and they need to be displayed also while active past the launch date.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hey Carl,

Thanks for the questions.

1. can the system change the category of a event based on the date?

This is not possible out of the box. I guess a custom solution could be developed with a cron (automated task) running daily or so that would check the event date and change the category accordingly.

Note however, that developing customizations like that is beyond the scope of our support.

2. Have a page list past events like this or similar.

When you go to the list view you can page back to events in the past, but there is no direct page by default that will show you past events in a similar format.

3. have a page that list events during a specified interval

That is partially possible with the [tribe_events] shortcode that comes with Events Calendar Pro.

4. I tested the Widget and it does not display on going events.

We are unfortunately unable to provide support through our Pre-Sales forum channel, but you can head over to The Events Calendar WordPress.org support forums for assistance and answers. When opening a topic there please add which widget you are having the issue with and provide as many details as possible. Screenshots also help a lot.

As an addition, you can check out this third-party plugin and see if it can provide what you need.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Cheers,
    Andras

Andras
    Keymaster

I checked the site you are referencing and while they seem to have The Events Calendar on their site, the 2 pages you provided links for were likely created manually. They are not pages that come from our plugins.

A.

Carl

The site I’m referencing is made by me so Yes they are created manually.
    That’s why I want to use your plugin to automate the update of those pages.
    Maybe the dynamic by date category is a feature worth implementing?

Thanks for your answer. I’ll look into theses questions further before purchase.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hey Carl,

If you think that is something you would like as a feature I encourage you to visit our User Voice Page and either upvote an existing request or make a new request there.

Apart from categories we have the following methods to determine whether an event is in the past or in the future:

Let me know if you have further questions or if we can close this thread.

Cheers,
    Andras

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘creating pages with calendar content + dynamic category’ is closed to new replies.