Creating Event in WordPress automatically create corresponding Facebook event

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Creating Event in WordPress automatically create corresponding Facebook event

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    TheThe

is this possible?

Rob

Hey, TheThe. Thanks for reaching out! At this point, there is no officially-supported Facebook integration. But we’re working to change that. In the interim the closest thing to a Facebook sync out there is this plugin: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/sync-facebook-events/. We’re working with the author to help improve it, but the currently-live version there doesn’t include any work from our team so may be a bit rough around the edges (and is unsupported by our team at this time).

Hope that helps, and sorry I couldn’t offer up more. If you’ve got any other questions feel free to reach out.

Joe Jordan

I’m using the unofficial add-on and its a great start. I would love to see bi-directional syncing, i.e. if I create an event in Calendar Pro it automatically pushes it to a Facebook Page or Group that I’ve defined.

For me, group support would be super-awesome and would totally be worth the price of admission.

Rob

Joe Jordan: the idea of bi-directional syncing is definitely on our radar. I think the value add would be huge. Group support is also a solid idea; while I can’t guarantee that’s anywhere on the immediate horizon, that does seem like a logical next step down that route.

We appreciate the feedback. If you have any more or need anything else down the road, let me know.

Jamie
    Participant

The sync Facebook events plugin doesn’t seem to recognise that it has already imported an event, it will duplicate an existing eveneveryt time it syncs and therefore is useless. I’d like to second this feature request to bi-directional sync of events with Facebook.

Rob

Hey Jamie. I believe I sent you an email about this a moment ago, right? Just want to make sure so I don’t re-post here 🙂 Cheers!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Creating Event in WordPress automatically create corresponding Facebook event’ is closed to new replies.