creating event from another plugin

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events creating event from another plugin

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    richard
    Participant

Are there any “action” calls or other hooks for calling your code that creates community events using the front-end form from another plugin or custom code?

Thanks,
    Rich

George
    Participant

Hey Rich,

Thanks for reaching out. There’s not a singular action call, per se, but there is an API for basic CRUD operations for events baked into The Events Calendar.

Community Events and other add-ons of ours use this API, and it’s meant to be used by third-party or “separate” pieces of software, so you can totally use it yourself to CRUD events.

The API’s methods belong to a class called Tribe__Events__API, which you can find in this file within The Events Calendar:

the-events-calendar/src/Tribe/API.php

There are also some shorthand functions like tribe_create_event() which use this API—you can find these functions in this file within The Events Calendar:

the-events-calendar/src/functions/advanced-functions/event.php

☝️ I hope this information helps! We’re not able to help with actual custom coding, but please let me know if there’s anything else I can help clarify or try to help with.

Sincerely,
    George

richard
    Participant

Where can I find detailed documentation on this API? I have searched your help site and docs and can’t find it.

Nico

Thanks for following up Richard!

You can find the documentation for tribe_create_event here. And browser other functions documentation here. Apart from this, I’d recommend browsing the source code of the-events-calendar/src/Tribe/API.php, to understand the class methods which also contain the same information you’ll find in the technical docs section of the site.

As George stated above, we cannot help much with custom coding but if you have any doubts about the API functions feel free to ask about it.

Best,
    Nico

George
    Participant

The links to the documentation you mentioned are missing.

richard
    Participant

Thanks my bad.

How can we get a license we can use on a development system?

George
    Participant

Hey Richard,

You can check out any of the licenses available for Events Calendar Pro here → https://theeventscalendar.com/product/wordpress-events-calendar-pro/

If you have a more specific follow-up question about licensing, let me know!

— George

richard
    Participant

Are you saying we need to buy a license for our development environment?

George
    Participant

Hey Richard,

I’m sorry, I did not understand your question at first! Here’s a KB post that covers your question more directly: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/using-one-license-live-dev-sites/

↑ Give this a look and let me know if you have any further questions based on this article!

Cheers,
    George

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘creating event from another plugin’ is closed to new replies.