Creating dropdown menu for different categories

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Creating dropdown menu for different categories

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Juliet
    Participant

Hello,

I have the PRO version of the calendar and would like to create some dropdown boxes so people can search by identified categories. Can you please let me know how I can do this?

Many Thanks

Caroline

Hi there!

Thanks for getting in touch! Other than coding a custom solution using the template modification system that’s detailed in our Themer’s Guide, your best bet would likely be to pick up a copy of our Filter Bar add-on! This would allow you to specify what filters you’d like to include on the front end for your users and how you’d like to display them, so your users can search by whatever combination of criteria they’d like without you having to write any complicated logic for search queries. Let me know if you should have any other questions about how this plugin might work with your setup! 🙂

Thank you!

Juliet
    Participant

Hello,

Thanks for the quick response. Unfortunately we won’t be able to afford the Filter bar add on and do not have the skill level to code our own. Can you suggest a way of utilizing the categories to make searching easier for our audiences. Just simply displaying the different categories would be useful.

Many Thanks

Juliet

Caroline

No worries; you’ve still got some options here. Perhaps adding your categories to a WordPress navigation menu might be a workable option for your setup? You can read more about how to do this on our Knowledgebase over here–no code needed. Take a look, and let me know if you think this might be a good solution for your site!

Thanks! 🙂

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Creating dropdown menu for different categories’ is closed to new replies.