Creating a unique 3 column template for listing events

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Creating a unique 3 column template for listing events

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Chris
    Participant

Hi,

I’d like to create my own unique 3 column template for listing events – is this possible and what are the ramifications of this?

EG: is there a base one, similar to a 3 column magazine layout I could start with or do I need to get my hands really dirty and start from ground up, etc?

Any dangers or issues I should be aware of (eg: non-compatibility with updates, limitations, etc)?

Thanks

George
    Participant

Hi Chris,

You can indeed make a customization like this, but it’s something that we don’t offer support so there some ramifications indeed – we can’t help with any of the custom coding for it, or styling for it, which is perhaps the largest “ramification” for customizations, but there’s also the rare situation that could happen where, if we release an update in the future that breaks the customization [highly unlikely, but possible!], you’d have to update your code to bring it in line with the updated plugin.

Other than these caveats, things should mostly be okay, and many many people customize the plugins and make custom views for them all the time.

You’d indeed have to get “down and dirty” with custom coding, and while I don’t have any examples or start-guides for this specific layout, we do have some pretty thorough documentation on our custom-views system that you can read about here → https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/themers-guide/

Let us know if that helps!

Chris
    Participant

Very helpful, that sounds fine – we do the same with woo commerce in this way also… Every major update of that breaks our custom theme, thems the breaks! hehehe

Thanks for you help

George
    Participant

Glad to help Chris – if you use the methods described in the link I shared above with you, you should be able to make theme customizations that don’t break when you update The Events Calendar.

I hope you find that to be the case – best of luck with your site!

— George

Chris
    Participant

Thanks

George
    Participant

No problem! Best of luck with your site 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Creating a unique 3 column template for listing events’ is closed to new replies.