Creating a ticket from the backend of the site?

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Creating a ticket from the backend of the site?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    James O’Sullivan
    Participant

Hi there, I have the scenario where a few customers have come to the door of the venue on the night of an event and want to purchase a ticket there and then. I want to create the ticket from the backend of the WordPress site and wooTickets for him/her and just take cash but still log the ticket on the system. What is the procedure for creating a ticket for someone on the backend of the site so at least I have them logged in the system? Do I go to Events and Attendee list and create from there or Orders screen – but how do I generate a ticket from the orders screen. A little lost on this as you can probably tell so any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Geoff

Hi again James!

I would suggest completing the order on the front end right there at the door with the customer. That way, you can accept the cash, process the order, and check the customer in right then and there.

If you need create more tickets to accommodate extra customers, you can create them like you would any other ticket and add them to the event, or simply add additional quantity to an existing ticket.

Does this help? Please let me know. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

James O’Sullivan
    Participant

Hi Geoff, unfortunately getting the customer to complete the order at the door or walking through it with them is simply far too time consuming when the queue is 300 people long. I was hoping I can just add new order in the backend somehow and take a name and email and cash and click submit and checkin the person/persons in after they walk past me so to speak. Is it possible to just create a new order from the backend or where is this done? Is it only possible to create a ticket from the frontend. Sorry if this is a newbie question here. Thanks

Geoff

Hey there, James!

Yes, it is absolutely possible to create an order from the backend, though it is done completely on the WooCommerce side of things. You can head over to Orders > Add New, then enter the details, attach the ticket, and complete the order right there.

Let me know if that helps clears things up a bit or if you have any follow-up questions here I can help with. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

Geoff

Hey there, James! This thread’s been quiet for a couple of weeks so I’m going to go ahead and close it. Please feel free to hit us up with a new thread if you still have questions here and we’d be happy to help. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Creating a ticket from the backend of the site?’ is closed to new replies.