Creating a Custom Link in the Admin View

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Creating a Custom Link in the Admin View

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Consuela

Is it possible to edit the /admin-view/events-meta-box.php file to include a new custom URL field?

For example, if I wanted to add an “additional info” field to every new event that linked to some FAQ, could this be done and themed? Or can you only customize files in the /src/views/ directory?

I know it is your policy to not assist with customization (which is silly, by the way — you don’t have to help everyone, but showing customers you’re trying is a good idea); I’m merely wanting to know if this is possible, or if I would have to update core files which would get overwritten with each update.

Thanks in advance.

George
    Participant

Hi Consuela,

Making this is customization is indeed possible However, you ask this question about maintaining the customization over time:

I’m merely wanting to know if this is possible, or if I would have to update core files which would get overwritten with each update.

Unfortunately yes, you would have to edit core plugin files and would thus lose the customizations each update and would have to re-implement the file changes. Each update would overwrite the customizations.

I wish you the best of luck with your customizations if you decide to proceed with making them!

Cheers,
    George

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Creating a Custom Link in the Admin View’ is closed to new replies.