Create Eventbrite event from WordPress event failed

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets Create Eventbrite event from WordPress event failed

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Alain
    Participant

Hi. I’m facing an issue with the Eventbrite tickets plugin. I also tried with Twenty-Fifteen theme enabled.

Here is my config before updating the event:

config

Here is the message I get just after (if I asked for an Eventbrite draft):

Here is the message I get just after (if I asked for an Eventbrite live):

And here is the appearance of the event (that seems to be created even with the error):

after

Actually, it looks like it hasn’t created the tickets because I have to go to Eventbrite and create it manually. And after, it seems to work.

Anyway, it was written that I should contact the support, so I did 🙂 I hope it will help for the future release!

Alain
    Participant

I’m sorry for the title, I’d rather write “error” and not “failed” because it does create the event on EventBrite anyway.

Geoff

Hey Alain,

Oh man, that’s no good!

I’m so glad you brought this up because it looks like we’ve been blindsided with a deprecated function in the Eventbrite API:

http://help.eventbrite.com/customer/portal/articles/2031758-what-s-happening-to-split-fees-

In general, the event is being created in Eventbrite but it will to do Draft status. You can create tickets directly in Eventbrite and ensure that the Fees settings for each ticket follow the instructions noted in the article linked above.

I’ve ticketed this in our system and will mark this thread as Pending Fix in the meantime. This unfortunately means that you will still continue to see that error message when publishing events in WordPress and syncing them to Eventbrite. You may avoid this by creating the event in Eventbrite and importing it into WordPress from Events > Import: Eventbrite. I know that’s not ideal and we’ll get on this for you as fast as we can–I’ll keep you posted as I know more.

Thanks again for reaching out and helping us find this!

Geoff

Alain
    Participant

Hi Geoff!

Yes I had figured out the workaround with configuring my tickets in Eventbrite. It works well like that. But I just wanted to report that error to your team to fix this in a next release.

Because all of my events are already created in WordPress, I don’t use “import from Eventbrite” feature, unfortunately.

But that’s ok, I’m not blocked. I can continue to work.

Good luck with that one. Have a good day.

Geoff

Hey Alain,

Just a heads up that we were able to pin down the issue here and we are in the middle of testing a fix that will go out with our 3.12 update, which is right around the corner.

I’m going to close this thread in the meantime. We’ll follow-up when 3.12 ships but please do keep your eyes open for it as well. 🙂

Thanks again for the heads up!

Geoff

Leah

Hello,

Thank you so much for reporting this. We are happy to tell you that a solution to this issue is part of our upcoming 3.12 release! We are doing the final testing and then the new version will be released. Keep an eye on your dashboard Updates page!

If you experience any difficulty with the update or find that the issue you reported in this thread is not resolved in 3.12, please open a new thread and we can help you. Thank you for your patience and support as we work to improve our plugins!

Best,
    Leah
    and The Events Calendar team

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Create Eventbrite event from WordPress event failed’ is closed to new replies.