Create an iCal feed for one specific event category?

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Create an iCal feed for one specific event category?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Dorian Speed
    Participant

I created a site for our Little League using ECP and a category for each individual team, so that they can see the schedule for just their team, like in this link:
    http://missouricityll.org/events/category/teams/majors/brewers-majors/upcoming/

I’d assumed that the “ical import listed events” link at the bottom of the page meant that a user could import JUST that category of events. But that is not what happens; instead, it creates a file of ALL of the events.

Is what I’d like to do even possible? If not, I guess I’ll just hide that button, since I already have parents annoyed with me that they imported 130 games onto their calendars. (My fault for not testing this before the calendar went live, I realize!)

If it’s not possible to just import the events for a single category, I assume the only alternative is to add events on an individual basis from the individual event post, correct?

EDITED: I did some more searching and found this thread:
    https://tri.be/support/forums/topic/icalgoogle-calendar-feed-by-category/

I tried what was suggested; replacing /events with /?ics to the end of the slug, basically.

So, for example, I was able to download what purported to be the feed just for the Minors Indians team:
    http://missouricityll.org/events/category/teams/minors/indians-minors/?ical

But when I imported it into my own calendar, it *still* contains all of the events for the league, not just for that category. I am using the Pro version of the plugin. Thanks for any help you can provide.

The real site is using a Genesis theme, but the same exact thing happens on our testing site, new.missouricityll.org, which has the default theme and no other plugins activated.

Barry

I’m afraid this is actually a known bug (and is on our radar as being in need of attention).

For the time being, I can only suggest avoiding this feature – but do know that one of our upcoming releases ought to resolve this.

Dorian Speed
    Participant

Barry, thanks for letting me know! I’ll look forward to this being fixed in an upcoming release.

Barry

Unfortunately we weren’t able to squeeze this one into our next upcoming release (3.5) but I wanted to drop a note in here to let you know it’s still on our radar and we will try hard to fit it in to the next release instead. Thanks for your support and patience in the meantime!

Leah

Hi there,

I just wanted to let you know that we have been working diligently on a fix for this issue. Our next release (3.6) will be available soon and should correct this problem. Please keep an eye on your Plugins and Updates pages for a version update. If you are still having problems after updating, please start a new thread with the details and we can assist you.

Best,
    Leah

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Create an iCal feed for one specific event category?’ is closed to new replies.