Crawl Errors: Events and Venues with "/feed/" tacked on the end of URL

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Crawl Errors: Events and Venues with "/feed/" tacked on the end of URL

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    agershon
    Participant

Checking Google Webmaster Tools, I have 81 crawl errors and the majority of them are TEC events or venues with “/feed/” tacked on the end of the URL. The problem seems to be that the root calendar page is missing from the URL. In my site’s case that would be http://www.fastinfastout.com/track-days-calendar/

Can I fix these crawl errors? Thanks!

Here’s a screenshot of my errors: http://www.fastinfastout.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Screen-Shot-2014-11-05-at-9.13.57-AM.png

Josh
    Participant

Hello agershon,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

This is definitely a strange issue to be having. Are you currently using an SEO plugin that generates the sitemap that you then submit to Google Webmaster tools?

Looking at the URLs in the list, the majority of them will always be 404 errors since a “feed” of a single event doesn’t really exist. Feeds are only generated for the main loop for the events calendar (‘/events/feed’). Take a look at the settings of the SEO plugin where the sitemap is being generated and see if there is something that you can modify to keep it from adding “feed” to every URL.

I hope this helps.

Thanks!

agershon
    Participant

I found one setting that may be it and ADDED “Events” to items excluded from the sitemap. See this screenshot for my current settings: http://www.fastinfastout.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Screen-Shot-2014-11-06-at-7.58.34-AM.png

Before, “Events” were not selected. Perhaps I should resubmit a sitemap now?

Thanks,
    AG

agershon
    Participant

Sorry I forgot to mention, I’m using Yoast WordPress SEO

Josh
    Participant

Hello agershon,

Terribly sorry for the delayed response! Didn’t see this one pop back up in my support queue.

That option would probably work to remove the crawl errors from the views associated with The Events Calendar but it would also remove all the events from being included in your sitemap.

I did some research and found this article that references a solution for “/feed 404 errors” associated with Yoast SEO settings. Let me know if this helps.

Thanks!

agershon
    Participant

Thanks, Josh. I checked the options mentioned in that post, so we’ll see if that helps.

AG

Josh
    Participant

Hello agershon,

No problem! Happy to be able to help.

I’ll go ahead and close this ticket. If you have any further questions please don’t hesitate to open a new one.

Thanks!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Crawl Errors: Events and Venues with "/feed/" tacked on the end of URL’ is closed to new replies.