CPU Usage Problem

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO CPU Usage Problem

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Angela McFarland
    Participant

Ok, I’m not a techie so this info will make sense to someone; I’m getting hollered at by web host company for my 3.0.3 Events Calendar. This is ticking them off about my site: The Events Calendar 3.46% 2.8396 seconds average, The Events Calendar PRO 1.57% 1.2881 seconds average. So what do I do about it?

John
    Participant

I don’t know if this applies to your case, but I wanted to share what just happened with one of the sites I admin.

I started seeing some CPU issues where the mysqld process hit 100% utilization when accessing the Events screen in the admin. I started noticing this on the 2.x version recently, and decided to finally upgrade to the latest 3.x version, which offered some minor improvement but there were still some issues.

While still running 2.x, the events screen would not come up and the mysqld process would hit 100% CPU until I restarted it from the shell. After doing some basic WP DB maintenance, I decided to upgrade EC Pro to the latest version. This did help some. The CPU still hits 100% for a varying amount of time, but generally around 10-15 seconds instead of seemingly indefinitely before the upgrade.

The only thing I had noticed different lately is that someone entered two recurring events that dated into the future as far as the year 2032. Though silly, it shouldn’t be a problem. Pulling up the All Events list took a very long time. Paginating through took a long time. Narrowing the events list down with a text search seemed to help, if only a little.

I ended up editing the two recurring events that were recurring for 1000 weeks and made them recur for only 52 weeks. This solved the huge mysqld spike problem and returned everything to normal.

If users can enter crazy amounts of recurring events, chances are they eventually will. Maybe some performance improvements could happen here.

d20games
    Participant

I’ve also been having a huge amount of CPU using that I’ve been trying to track down…this is the first thing that seems to make sense. I’m at the point of just bagging the Event Calendar for something else. The way reoccurring events are handled, particularly with eventbrite, is a huge problem for me.

Barry

Hi everyone, we do have some work underway to try and improve performance in a number of different scenarios – we should start to see the fruits of the work over the course of the next few maintenance releases.

In the meantime please accept our apologies for any inconvenience; it may be worth considering caching strategies or, if possible, temporarily boosting server resources to accommodate the situation in the meantime.

Thanks for your continued patience and support!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘CPU Usage Problem’ is closed to new replies.