coupons and ticket count

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus coupons and ticket count

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    John Paul
    Participant

I am using Woo Commerce Gift Certificate Pro. When a customer buys a ticket using the coupon and the net price after the coupon applied is zero, two things don’t happen

1) they do not get an order confirmation
    2) the inventory of tickets is not reduced (even after order completion)

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi John,

Thanks for reaching out!

First, I do want to mention that we are limited in the amount of support that we can provide for integrations with third party plugins, but I’ll be happy to help you run through some troubleshooting steps here to see if we can find the source of the issue.

Can you check to see if the order confirmation is not going out when orders are placed that do not include tickets (but do involve the coupon from the gift certificate plugin)? The checkout process is handled entirely by WooCommerce, so if WooCommerce’s order confirmation is not being sent at all, the problem may have to do with WooCommerce itself (or possibly settings within the plugin). Tickets are essentially WooCommerce simple products, so you should be able to use the default coupon functionality that comes with the free WooCommerce plugin on orders with tickets. Another thing to note is whether or not attendee records are being generated when the order is completed?

Are users able to successfully purchase tickets (meaning that they get both a WooCommerce order confirmation email and an email with their actual tickets – this email comes from our plugin, and the ticket stock is reduced)? If not, then the next step would be testing for conflicts with your theme and other plugins (if you have not done so already). The free WP Staging plugin will let you create a quick copy of your live site that you can use for testing, if you do not currently have a testing environment.

Finally, if you look under Events > Settings > Tickets > WooCommerce Support, you will see some options for when to generate attendee records and email tickets. I would recommend double checking the settings there – if you have both set to “completed”, then I would also recommend verifying that the WooCommerce order status is actually reaching “completed” when users are using these coupons.

I hope that helps get you started, and please let me know what you find!

Thanks,

Jennifer

John Paul
    Participant

Hi, thanks for this advice. Here is an update and a plea for some help as to where to look next.

I have more information now that might help to narrow this down.

BACKGROUND
    I am using a gift certificate plugin so users can buy them as presents for friends and family. They then redeem them against the cookery courses sold on the website. This is a very important part of the business model and needs to work. The plugin is from WooIgnite. They are currently trying to help me debug this, but themselves are struggling.

THE PROBLEM
    When a customer buys a course and uses the Gift Certificate plugin voucher code everything works perfectly EXCEPT on the occasion when the price nets to zero as a result of the application of the voucher. (I must stress that this will happen in the majority of cases). When the price nets to zero, the transaction goes through ok and I can complete the order and the customer receives their tickets. However, the stock of tickets does not reduce accordingly. However, the attendee(s) are added to the course.

But here is the puzzling thing;
    a) if I create a Coupon code directly myself in woocommerce/ Coupons / add coupons for the exact ticket price and use this during checkout, then all works fine.
    b) if I set the course ticket price to zero/ free then all works ok.
    c) If I create a Simple non event product (e.g. a basic t-shirt) and buy this using the Gift Certificate plugin voucher/ coupon code , with price netting to zero, then this works perfectly.

There is clearly a conflict between the gift certificate plugin and the way that Events Ticket Pro handles the reduction of stock after checkout.

I have deactivated all other plugins and run on 2015 and I get the same problem. I have run on staging with no cache and still have the same problem.

HELP
    I have spent hours and hours on this and the plugin developer is struggling to find the problem as his code is using the standard woocommerce actions and hooks and clearly works in all other usual situations.Can you please give this a lot of thought as it maybe a significant problem for others that has not being spotted yet and I need a steer as to where to look next. Also, it maybe that I need to write some code that specifically handles this situation. So what are the conditions and hooks that Events ticket pro uses to handle the transaction process and how could this be causing the problem I have.

Many thanks in anticipation.

John

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi John,

Thanks for providing that additional information! I do understand your frustration with this and appreciate the amount of time and effort you’ve spent on your end already trying to find a solution. I have looked through our past threads but was not able to find any other users reporting this same issue.

You can find the code for handling WooCommerce integration under wp-content/plugins/event-ticekts-plus/src/Tribe/Commerce/WooCommerce, but since I’m not familiar with the gift certificate plugin you’re using, I’m not sure what to suggest as far as what specifically could be conflicting with it.

As I mentioned before, we are really limited in the amount of support that we can provide for integrations, but if you want to send me a copy of the gift certificate plugin you’re using, I’ll be happy to do some testing and see if I can find anything that might be causing this issue. If there is a conflict, I can’t guarantee a fix, but I’ll do my best to recommend a solution! If you’d like to do this, please upload the plugin to Dropbox and paste the link here.

Thanks,

Jennifer

John Paul
    Participant

The plugin is Gift Certificate Pro by Ignite Woo

https://www.dropbox.com/s/05n5ldfjxpl13tz/woocommerce-gift-certificates-3.5.36.zip?dl=0

Many thanks for your support !

• This reply was modified 6 years, 6 months ago by John Paul.
    • This reply was modified 6 years, 6 months ago by John Paul.
    John Paul
    Participant

I posted October 27th and still no reply.

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi John,

I’m sorry for the delayed response, our forums have been much busier than usual here lately…I have been working on this but have not been able to recreate the issue so far. I am checking with the team for additional recommendations and will get back to you as soon as I have an update. Please note that integrations are outside our scope of support, but I would like to help you get this working if I can! Thanks for your patience while we look into this!

Jennifer

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘coupons and ticket count’ is closed to new replies.