Couple out of the box questions on some specific use cases.

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Couple out of the box questions on some specific use cases.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    jbusciglio
    Participant

1.) How in depth of a customization would it be to add fields for individualized ticket display? Example use case: a secretary at a law firm is using her account to purchase 3 tickets for a required ethics CLE. Prior to payment, I need an additional set of input fields for [“Law Firm”],[“Attendee Full Name”], [“Email Address”], [“User Defined”]. I then need to have those fields stored and accessible to all the views. The tickets should also email to each individual address as well as all tickets go to the person who ordered them in separate emails. At minimum requirement, I need the fields on each ticket.

2.) Along the same lines, what would it take to have a ticket config option that limited the qty to 1 ticket? If I could pass that flag to the form handler, I could simply not display qty field and default the qty to 1. Minimum requirement, default to qty 1 to prevent 1 person from purchasing multiple tickets. (not worried about scalpers, just need to make sure each attendee is a user on my site.)

So I know there is support limits for what I purchased since this is an extension to a free solution. However, I did notice the person who made the free EDD contributed code here based on his knowledge of that platform. I am an early adopter, so documentation is sparse, and I respect the support boundaries. If it’s not a supported feature, some hints would be helpful at least where to look.

I see stuff like this in the code, “Trick EDD into thinking the ticket has a download file” and wonder where the boundary is :p cause I notice in the EDD interface, there is a little bit of bugginess when trying to add bundles with tickets etc..
    ‘Print Ticket’, ‘tribe-eddtickets’

Anyways, great plugin, works perfect out of the box for my needs. I am so glad I held off on purchasing wooTicket cause that was a bit too much for what I am trying to pull off for this client.

I’ve actually been working on my own plugin that I can ultimately tailor to my own needs, but you guys are light years ahead of where I am working by myself. Thanks for a great product!

Chris
    Participant

Hi there,
    Just to let you know, we haven’t missed your ticket. I’m taking final exams this morning and I’ll be on this the second they get out.

Thanks for your patience,
    -Chris

Chris
    Participant

Hi there,
    For #1, you’ll need to have a bit of PHP and HTML knowledge, or be able to hire someone to do it for you (probably wouldn’t be that expensive since its a pretty simple thing to do).

For #2, you can force 1 ticket per customer by placing this in a custom plugin or your theme’s functions.php file:
    add_filter( ‘edd_item_quantities_enabled’, ‘__return_false’ );

-Chris

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Couple out of the box questions on some specific use cases.’ is closed to new replies.