couple of simple questions

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions couple of simple questions

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    steven b

I manage a non-profit group which we need I assume maybe 2 calendars or maybe you folks can tell me.

1. We need a private members only calendar showing both private and public calendar
    2. We need a ‘public calendar’ viewable to all who visit the site.

Example:
    Surely public visits are not to see when we have officers and business meetings but may want to see if there’s a knitting event going on

Also I need to be able to print the calendar (monthly form) as a pdf. I use psf & print but dont know how to enter the shortcode I dont see where I can add it. [bws_pdfprint]

Some folks want to be able to print the monthly calendar.

I assume I will need the pro version to setup reoccurring events (like officers meeting every 1st Thursday?)

I also need event tickets to be able to use for the public and memberonly area of events that offer sales to our comedy night for example.

Thanks everyone

steven b

Or a mod or something that if we put a password or add one somewhere to ‘open’ it up to members and public.

I noticed it allows you to password the event, but that still showed the title of the event in the calendar as PROTECTED – Prayer group.

If we can add a password to the main events page it would be a good idea?

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello Steven,

Thanks for getting in touch with us. I’d be happy to answer your questions.

On the private and public event:

The password protected will still show up. But if you set the event to Private, then it will only show up to the author, and to whoever has a higher admin level.

These are the admin levels in order:

• not-logged in / guest
    • subscriber
    • contributor
    • author
    • editor
    • admin

So if you create a private event and set up an author for it who has ‘author’ level (this can be a fake user) then that user, all the editors and all the admins will see that event, if they are logged in to the site.

I assume I will need the pro version to setup reoccurring events

That is correct.

I also need event tickets to be able to use for the public and memberonly area of events that offer sales to our comedy night for example.

Well, you need ET to sell tickets and you need to set up the events as private or public, which is independent of ET.

If we can add a password to the main events page it would be a good idea?

There is no build in option for this. You will either need a 3rd party plugin or custom coding for this.

Let me know if this helps of if you have any further questions.

Cheers,
    Andras

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘couple of simple questions’ is closed to new replies.