Countdown Widget Color

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Countdown Widget Color

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    greyenvelope
    Participant

I apologize in advance if this question has already been asked and answered, but I couldn’t find it. I would like to change the text color in the Countdown widget to white. I’ve created my new .php file at the “[your-theme]/tribe-events/widgets/countdown-widget.php” destination. I however, am very new to the programming language and was hoping someone could tell me exactly what to type and where so I don’t break anything. The plugin is perfect as is except that I have to put it over a dark background at the bottom of my page, so I need all the text to be white. Thank you for any help!

Casey
    Participant

greyenvelope,
    Thanks for getting in touch! You should be able to do this without needing to perform any template overrides at all. Just add the following CSS to your theme’s stylesheet and it should do the trick:

.tribe-events-countdown-widget * {
    color:#fff !important;
    }

This will change all text inside your countdown widget to be white. If you’re not familiar with CSS and might need to add more styling, feel free to take a look at this CSS tutorial, which should get you pointed in the right direction: http://www.w3schools.com/css/DEFAULT.asp

Thanks! 🙂

-Casey-

Casey
    Participant

I just wanted to follow up and see if you’re all set here or if you still have further questions. Just let me know if you have further questions or if I should go ahead and close out this thread. Thanks! 🙂

-Casey-

jouvertrecords
    Participant

I’m also having some issue with changing the color of the countdown
    counter.
    Please see my website at the bottom footer. http://www.zhavea.org
    I only want to change the actual counter not the entire text.

Casey
    Participant

greyenvelope,
    Since I haven’t heard back from you here, I’m going to go ahead and close out this thread. Feel free to start a new thread if you have further issues. Thanks! 🙂

jouvertrecords,
    If you need assistance for your own specific scenario it would be great if you could create a fresh thread of your own. Thanks!

-Casey-

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Countdown Widget Color’ is closed to new replies.