Could not get authorization

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets Could not get authorization

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    saphien
    Participant

Hello team,
    The eventbrite Tickets plugging worked perfectly before until today I didn’t see that we could import the events from Eventbrite to our Calendar. I tried to get a new Application & Client Secret keys, however I got an error message:
    “The application you’re trying to use has made an invalid request to Eventbrite. Please contact the application developer.”

Please help!
    Phien Phan
    (408) 2106257
    [email protected]

Courtney
    Participant

I am also experiencing the same problem. The client is very concerned about ticketing no longer being available now, too. Help would be appreciated!

Jami
    Blocked

Hi Phien,

Thanks for getting in touch with us! I’m happy to help troubleshoot the issue. It would be great if the error message could gives us more details but we’ll work with what we have. 🙂

For starters, do you by chance have multiple Eventbrite.com accounts? This can happen if using the keys from one account to try and connect while logged into another, different account.

If that’s not the case, then perhaps we can try creating an entirely new key set in case something glitchy happened with the original set. Go ahead and remove the application from your Eventbrite apps page (select “Key Details”) and create/configure a new one to try. If you’d like to review the steps to complete this, we’ve listed them here in our knowledgebase.

Let me know how that goes!

Kind Regards,
    Jami

Jami
    Blocked

Apologies for the double message but a colleague mentioned that you might be receiving this error message if the “OAuth Redirect URI” isn’t entered into your Eventbrite app details. It’s not labeled as required in Eventbrite but it is required for The Events Calendar. Your “OAuth Redirect URI” will  be your Application URL with “/tribe-oauth/eventbrite” added to the end of the URL. To easily copy this link from your site, navigate to <i>Events –> Settings –> Eventbrite</i> on the dashboard of your site, and copy the OAuth Redirect URL we’ve provided for you.

Can you double check that? I look forward to hearing back from you.

Kind Regards,
    Jami

Courtney
    Participant

Thanks for that second message, Jami. That fixed it for me. Thanks for pointing that out!

saphien
    Participant

I requested new APP keys with our “OAth Redirect URI” “http://www.sanandreasregional.org/tribe-oauth/eventbrite&#8221;. It still doesn’t work. Got a same message.
    Phien

saphien
    Participant

Thanks!
    It worked on second time.
    Thanks all.
    Phien

Jami
    Blocked

Thanks for the follow ups, Phien and Courtney! I’m super happy to hear this got things resolved.

Feel free to open up a new support thread if you have any other questions.

Kind Regards,
    Jami

Brian
    Keymaster

I am going to close this topic as we typically close threads if there is no activity after two weeks. Feel free to create a new thread and reference this one to save you time.

Thanks

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Could not get authorization’ is closed to new replies.