Cost text field resets to free on spam error

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Cost text field resets to free on spam error

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    group
    Participant

So when we fill out the form and do not check the checkbox for the manual submission the screen shows the error telling you to check the box. But when this happens it is reseting the cost text box to FREE. I am getting several people not noticing and now there event is listed free.

Casey
    Participant

Thanks for reaching out, and so sorry to hear that you’re having this issue. Take a look at this thread: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/remove-spam-check/

It will allow you to remove the Spam check altogether. Let me know if that’s able to solve your problem. Thanks!

group
    Participant

I have this “add a event” in a public area so I need the spam check. Is there an area that is resetting that text field

Casey
    Participant

Curtis,
    Thanks for reaching out! It looks like this is an issue with the community plugin. I’m creating an issue for our developers to look at fixing this. So stay tuned…

Casey
    Participant

Curtis,
    We’re planning to fix this ASAP. As soon as we have the code stable, it will be included in a future release. Thanks for notifying us of this issue, and I’ll let you know when I have more specific information. Thanks!

Lee

Any update on this?
    Im having the same problem at the moment, I get “Description is required” on a validation check, but when I get to that I lose half of the information I’ve already added, like Event Oransier and Event Location.

Casey
    Participant

Lee,
    This fix did not make it into version 1.0.5, since it was just a compatibility release to ensure proper functionality with EC Pro 2.0.11. The priority has been increased on this issue, and I’m hopeful that it will make it into the next major release.

I’ll keep you posted!

Lee

ok thanks Casey.
    In the meantime is it possible to just put a default value into the description field?, so the validation doesn’t fail on it. I can do it, but I can’t find where that field gets rendered (teplate wise).

Lee

ok, I worked out a bit of a hacked solution to this.
    It was the validation that was ‘causing half of my entered data to dissapear. So, I am now using the Jquery.Validate plugin to check the form is all ok before submitting, this bypasses the PHP validation and all seems to be working fine.

Casey
    Participant

Great! Glad you were able to get it working Lee. This is definitely a high priority issue for us, so be on the lookout for this fix in a future release. Thanks!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Cost text field resets to free on spam error’ is closed to new replies.