Correct "Ticket Sold" Counts Showing on Attendee List?

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Correct "Ticket Sold" Counts Showing on Attendee List?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Chris
    Participant

Hi there,

I’ve been a long-time Wootickets (Event Tickets Plus now) user (this would be our 4th year). Last year, I reported an issue/bug where if we had orders for tickets and the person needed to cancel or refund, we would remove them from the system and/or delete their order…and then when we did that, on the Attendee List for the event, it still counted them in “Tickets Sold”.

In the earlier years of the plugin, that was never an issue, and we could count on the plugin to show us the actual correct count of tickets that were sold (which would equal the actual people coming to event). In the first of the plugin, there was no way to remove an order…and we had to manually go into the MySQL database and delete it. But at least we could get accurate counts.
    EVERY single live event that exists has a finite amount of space, and for a theater, it’s critical for us to know how many actual bodies we have coming to the event.

I was looking at renewing our subscription to the plugin and popped in the forum to see current issues and noticed this ticket. Is this same weird functionality/bug in the system where we can’t actually see accurate Tickets Sold/Numbers of Bodies Attending on the Attendee List? Because we regular have sell outs, that makes our job more complicated if someone cancels or refunds, etc. And we can’t do test orders on our system before launching because then all the counts are incorrect.

Please let me know as soon as you can as that would be a big deciding factor for us this year.

Thanks,
    Chris

========================
    PLEASE LEAVE FOR SUPPORT
    Reporting the same issue as: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/attendees-by-ticket-count-do-not-match-with-event-tickets-list/

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello Chris,

Thanks for using our plugins and for your long support!

I’m sorry about this issues you are having with the attendee numbers. I’d be happy to help you with that.

We are aware of a bug that causes an issue like this. The internal bugticket is already on high priority, so our developers will be looking at it soon.

At the time we are wrapping up our next maintenance release, which will come out later this week if all goes according to plan. Unfortunately this will not be fixed in this one, but hopefully it will make it to the next one. I will be able to give you an update on this early next week, please hang in there.

I am going to set the status of this ticket to “pending fix” and we will update it once the fix is released. If you have any new questions or issues please create a new ticket and we’ll be happy to help.

Thanks and cheers,
    Andras

Andras
    Keymaster

One note I’d like to add, when you are doing refunds or moving tickets from one event to the other, then you will need to adjust the ticket stock for the events manually. Unfortunately that cannot be done automatically yet.

Cheers,
    Andras

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Chris!

Just wanted to share with you that a new maintenance release (for the Week of 1st November 2017) is out, including a fix for this issue

Find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-for-the-week-of-1-november-2017/

Please update the plugins and let us know if the fix works for your site.

Best,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Correct "Ticket Sold" Counts Showing on Attendee List?’ is closed to new replies.