Copying Events

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Copying Events

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Neil Fogarty

A pre-sales question

We are reviewing the Pro version of Event Calendar within GoodLayers ‘Clever Course’ theme to publish our forthcoming seminars & workshops.

We will be running 3 of our flagship events weekly in various locations (77 cities) and differing dates (total of over 2,800 events)

We would like to be able to create event templates and copy (clone / duplicate) these and change the dates to create subsequent events.

The best plugin options I have been given are ‘duplicate post’ (duplicates Posts & Pages but doesn’t duplicate events) and ‘tec-event (not been updated for a year and one of the two reviews on WordPress was pretty damning).

As we are looking to promote over 2,000 seminars & workshops, we are REALLY keen to clone / duplicate rather than manually do each one… is there any way to do this?

Geoff B.

Good afternoon Neil and welcome to the Events Calendar forum!

Thank you for your interest in our products.
    We’ll be glad to answer your questions.

We would like to be able to create event templates and copy (clone / duplicate) these and change the dates to create subsequent events.

The best plugin options I have been given are ‘duplicate post’ (duplicates Posts & Pages but doesn’t duplicate events) and ‘tec-event (not been updated for a year and one of the two reviews on WordPress was pretty damning).

Actually, events are simply a custom post type.

The good news is that any plugin that can duplicate custom post types will work (there a few out there). For the record, I have heard only good things about Duplicate TEC (but I must confess I have not tried it in a while).

So I guess that the good news is that I am pretty sure you can easily find what you are looking for.
    It will simply be a matter of trying these plugins out to see which one you like better.

Have a good weekend,

Geoff B.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Copying Events’ is closed to new replies.