Converting from another calendar

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Converting from another calendar

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    PhiladelphiaDANCE

I have used your software (paid) for several sites now and trying to convert one more site from Helios to your calendar. At moment on Free version to show client potential before doing addons.

I exported a CSV file from old helios calendar and imported into your calendar about 500 events. While fields mapped out fine for the most part, I have 2 concerns now.

1. The google map seems to need to be turned on for each individual event. In other words, I have to edit 500 events to check to show calendar. And yes, have google calendar checked in global settings as well as venue settings. Is there some way to turn this on for all events now that everything is imported.
    2. With the import all events were attributed to me as admin. Do I now have to go in to each event to attribute to organizer? Is there no way to do this more globally?

This is a bit of a labor intensive issue here before I can add paid community and ticket modules

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi there!

While we generally don’t provide support for TEC here in the pre sales forum, I will try to get you pointed in the right direction. In the future, please post your questions or issues specific to the Events Calendar in the WordPress forums.

1) In the CSV import, there is a field for enabling “show map” for each event. You will need to have this column in your CSV with a value of “true” and associate with the proper key in import preview.

2) There is also a column for Event Organizer when doing the import. Like the show map field, this needs to be in the import CSV and the assigned to the proper key in the preview.

You can read more about the import process here: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/csv-files-options-and-examples/

Hope that helps!
    Sky

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Converting from another calendar’ is closed to new replies.