Controlling Length of "Snippet" in List View?

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Controlling Length of "Snippet" in List View?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Lance
    Participant

I’d like to find out if there’s a way to control the length of the “snippets” that show the first paragraph or so of the event description in List View. I’m referring to the excerpt followed by a “Find out more” link. Here’s our TEC Pro Upcoming Events list:

We are using the most recent versions of TEC Pro, with the Enfold theme from Kriesi.at.

Thanks! Lance

Nico

Hi there Lance,

Thanks for reaching out to us on this! We have a quite extensive knowledge base article describing how this works and suggesting a couple of possible solutions.

Take a look and let me know if you have any doubts → The Trouble with Excerpts

You can also find a snippet to change the default excerpt length in this exchange. One last thing, please note the theme might be setting a default excerpt length as well!

Best,
    Nico

Lance
    Participant

Thanks, Nico. I’d never noticed that manual Excerpt function. Useful!

Problem resolved! Lance

Nico

Thanks for the heads-up Lance! Stocked to hear this is resolved now 🙂

I’ll go ahead and close out this thread, but if you need help with anything else please don’t hesitate to create a new one and we will be happy to assist you.

Best,
    Nico

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Controlling Length of "Snippet" in List View?’ is closed to new replies.