Controlling Duplicate Events by different people under Same Venue

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Controlling Duplicate Events by different people under Same Venue

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Joanna
    Participant

Hi,

Do you know of a way to prevent 1 venue from having like 5 duplicate events at the exact same time – all submitted by different people?

I realized that the venue will be packed with the same events/duplicates – by different Organizers/promoters. So Venue X may show 5 of the same event at the same day/time.

I did check off Settings – options to not allow users to create a Venue or Organizer, but hopefully maybe there is another additional solution too.

Patricia

Hey Joanna,

Thank you for reaching out to us!

I’m afraid we don’t have a built-in option to prevent more than one event from being submitted in the same place and time.

If you want to control what events will be displayed in your calendar after they are created via Community Events Submission form, I would suggest you to change the “Default status for submitted events” (under Settings > Community > General) from “Published” to “Draft”: this way you can approve/control what will be published or not.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions and I’ll be happy to assist!

Best Regards,

Patricia

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Controlling Duplicate Events by different people under Same Venue’ is closed to new replies.